We are currently looking for an experienced marketing professional to join our global SME Team in Shell Fleet Solutions & Emobility.
The SME Team covers markets across Europe and Asia and will be responsible for delivering scalable growth in customer numbers, margin and active product and services usage through digital channels. This role provides a unique opportunity to be at the heart of our shift to growing a profitable customer base of micro and small businesses.
At Shell Fleet Solutions, our ambition is to grow our B2B micro and small customer portfolio utilising digital marketing and our largest branded channel – our forecourts.The growth will be done by delivering world-class customer value propositions, products and services through seamless, customer-centric digital channels.
You’ll be working alongside passionate people who love what we do enjoy being champions of customer-centricity and are genuinely excited at the prospect of growing a profitable business in a previously under-served customer segment. We foster a learner mindset, and so we commit to providing opportunities for personal and professional development for each member of the team – you can expect a multi-faceted, supportive work environment here.
This newly created role will play a key role in the day-to-day management, development and production of our digital platforms (including social media) and websites across all our markets to improve our online presence. The Web Manager will ensure that all platforms are activated with optimal user experience at the centre of design, and that they are used to their fullest to help shape the delivery of a customer-centric experience.
The role will work closely with the rest of the digital marketing team to plan, develop and deliver integrated marketing content across our paid, earned and owned channels, ensuring a seamless and consistent experience.
- Oversee design, development and maintenance of websites, ensuring simple, intuitive navigation and browsing
- Work with our web management team to upload content and ensure metadata, tagging and taxonomy are consistent across platforms
- Lead user experience reviews and provide feedback and recommendations on improvements into the business
- Work with the wider marketing and business teams and stakeholders to manage our social media platforms. Create proposals for local marketing teams showing clear value propositions and costs of undertaking activity
- Own the strategic roadmap for the website, ensuring continuous optimisation of back-end and front-end
- Work with the Content Strategist to optimize website content, landing pages and paid search copy
- Monitor and evaluate data and report on traffic, performance and relevant analytics to ensure constant and continuous optimisation
- Provide regular updates to marketing teams and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Manage internal and agency relationships, expectations and projects in a highly organised manner, with the ability to prioritise work
- We’re constantly building capabilities, so you will capture and define best practices, create playbooks to facilitate knowledge transfer to our local SME marketers
The role sits in a Central strategy team, and will require developing strong relationships with local marketing counterparts to execute on the central paid media strategy with local relevance.
The role will ensure the right level of strategy, reporting and playbooks are delivered consistently across all markets, and that the agency is set-up to deliver on targets.
This is a newly formed team, so there will be a requirement to build a clear web strategy from scratch, define clear ways of working with agencies and local markets, and build credibility and expertise quickly.
The team looks after websites across 22 markets, across a multitude of languages. This means there is a requirement to liaise closely with the local business to ensure consistency of website delivery across all markets.
This role requires strong project and communications skills to effectively manage a global website development and activation in markets with varying levels of digital maturity.
- proven track of professional experience in digital marketing with 3+ years’ web design and management experience
- Experience working with relevant CMS platforms (Adobe Experience Manager) and Google Tag Manager
- Experience using analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience with e-commerce web development is a bonus
- An understanding at strategic level the interactions between content marketing, SEO and inbound marketing and automation to ensure the team delivers on its integrated marketing objectives
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work well under pressure and to short deadlines
- Strong communicator, comfortable presenting plans/ideas to internal stakeholders and briefing agencies
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative