If you are looking for exciting and meaningful opportunities for strong communicators in a global company at the forefront of the energy business and climate debate read on.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing, too – not only to keep up with developments – but to anticipate and shape a better future. Shell’s newly integrated global Corporate Relations function brings together professional communicators, brand experts, government relations professionals and specialists in non-technical risk and social performance to work with commercial and technical colleagues and deliver Shell’s business strategy. The CR team will bring external analysis and perspectives to business decisions, communicate Shell to the world and drive Shell’s brand and reputation. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be the best at achieving successful integrated outcomes for the business through effective engagement and communication with stakeholders and audiences.
Where you fit in:
The newly created Corporate Relations Compliance Adviser position is based in Krakow, Poland where a growing communications community provides Shell’s global businesses with solutions in internal/external communications, content development and campaigning, brand and reputation management, commercial deal-making support, cutting-edge creative solutions and professional operations at the nerve centre of the Function.
The successful candidate will support all end users to enable CR function to be compliant with the Group Standards and Guidelines on Records Management and Data Privacy. Strong support is required in implementing consistent ways of working and best practices across CR, facilitating effective use of Sharepoint across the CR function to support IM/DP compliance.
What is the role?
- Support Global Projects management and ensure technical and back-office support
- Managing individual requests, troubleshooting and answering ad hoc queries
- Review and oversees CR applications assuring that Information Compliance control measures are put in place
- Coordinate with Business Application Owners and IT to ensure process integration and delivery of end-to-end processes
- Be the SME for SharePoint (knowledge, skills, troubleshooting, teaching and applying good practices)
- Proactively identify continuous improvement, data quality remediation, and automation opportunities to result in clear business benefits
- Primary point of contact for CR staff on Information Management/Data Privacy (IM/DP) and Sharepoint
What we need from you?
- Strong English written and verbal skills,
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts or technical tasks,
- Ability to gather and translate business needs to valid improvement requirements
- Proven ability to adapt message, language, style and tone to audience, channel and intent, demonstrating knowledge of potential audience perception
- Achieves positive response and/or action from the audience through knowing their interests, values and culture based on research and asking questions
- Ability to communicate and influence confidently in a simple manner, drawing on professional expertise, relevant data & evidence.
- A genuine interest in the Information Management and Data Privacy and a finger on the pulse of the world outside Shell
- Integrative working style; ability to work in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams and deliver challenging projects without formal control
- A learner mindset; being a role model in your levels of curiosity and reflection and encouraging people to learn from their mistakes and successes
- Experienced in managing confidential information
- Shell in Krakow supports flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).