If you are passionate about digital and social media analytics, this is your chance to make a difference. You get to drive the development of effective content across Shell communication channels through understanding online audiences.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
As Shell pursues its ambitions towards net zero emissions, the role of insights will be even more important in continuing to build trust, loyalty and credibility among our key stakeholders. Quality data turned into insights will serve a fundamental role in shaping decisions and actions. You will be part of the Analytics, Insights and Measurement team: a dynamic team of specialists in this area, who partner with colleagues across Corporate Relations and sometimes beyond. We are responsible for managing a range of tools (opinion research, media monitoring, digital analytics) to produce a range of insights – including understanding key audience expectations and mindsets, tracking Shell’s reputation amongst society and influencers, monitoring topics and issues of relevance to Shell, and assessing content performance.
What’s the role?
As a Digital Analytics advisor, you will play a big role in understanding content performance and the external digital landscape to help steer future communication and engagement initiatives for Corporate Relations. The role will leverage data across owned and earned media channels to ensure that communication objectives and plans are supported by data.
Your role will include:
- Proposing digital analytics solutions including tools, approaches or reports;
- Ensuring the Digital Measurement Framework is communicated, understood and implemented for all Corporate Relations measurement requirements;
- Focal point for stakeholders who use the internal high-level automated reporting tool, ‘Pulse’, to guide and build questions for further interrogation;
- Quality controlling work produced by Brand analytics partners (not partners that stakeholders use directly), making sure data and information is accurate and concise;
- Works with stakeholders to present report findings in relevant calls or workshops to develop data literacy across the business.
What we need from you:
- Maximise performance – create the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities and outcomes;
- Learner Mindset – role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes;
- Maximise performance – integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole.
- General knowledge of digital analytics or digital channels;
- Thorough knowledge of at least one area of digital analytics including web, search, social or earned media;
- Thorough knowledge of at least one digital analytics tool such as Synthesio, Brightedge, Adobe Analytics or Sprinklr;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, influencing internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- General knowledge in using data from multiple sources to create impactful insights and reports that are focused on improving business outcomes;
- Problem-solving abilities, when presented with challenging or ambiguous requests.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).