We have a vacancy for an experienced Marketing Automation Lead to join our global CRM team.
In Shell Mobility, we want to fuel all aspects of our customers’ journeys and – within Customer Marketing and Communications division - CRM is about striking a balance between the needs of the customer and the needs of the business, creating valuable relationships at every touchpoint. Our aim in CRM is to power data-driven marketing agenda and enrich the customer experience by making every interaction with Shell seamless, relevant and valuable. We put the customer at the heart of our award-winning programme.
We currently run a CRM programme across +24 markets worldwide with multiple CVPs (Customer Value Propositions) and tech landscape. This role is responsible for identifying opportunities for automation across our CRM technology landscapes. It will be critical role as part of CRM Reimagined project by making sure Shell and agencies optimise resources and maximise processes’ automation across all markets and regions, this will include dynamic creative tolls, workflow tool, CMS, AI tools.
The candidate will be an Subject Matter Expert with a deep knowledge and strong passion of marketing technology and able to identify opportunities and articulate the value of automating processes.
He/she will understand CRM & Loyalty Programmes and what they need to have in place to be successful. They will be operationally strong, well organized, confident and comfortable with a good eye for detail and the ability to prioritize and resolve issues.
Whilst the candidate will not have direct reports, the candidate will take on the peer to peer team leadership role at local SBO level supporting the stability, culture and wellbeing of local CRM SBO PL members.
The candidate will work alongside the Global CRM Team and their agencies and local marketing teams in the end to end landscape.
1. Working with Global CRM team, CRM agencies in EU/SA and East regions and data science teams to make recommendations on best use of our Tech stack and automation tools such as Email Genius, Workfront, etc.
2. Programme Automation and CI: Focusing on a culture of continuous improvement - looking for new and more efficient and automated ways to deliver our comms CRM programmes globally;
3. Channel Automation: Drive automation strategy across all channels and touch points moving from email, push and SMS channels. Work with CRM Product Owner to scale integrated automation
4. Automate Post-Production Process - Utilise technology to implement a "Fix and Flex" creative template model, where raw creative assets produced by creative teams can quickly and affordably be replicated and edited for additional purposes.
5. Personalisation Lead - Work with planning teams to understand the opportunity for personalisation for each campaign & utilise technology to deliver creative variations which deliver creative tailored to customers' needs
6. Supporting CRM Performance manager in defining frameworks to measure marketing effectiveness, set KPIs, benchmarks, targets and forecast to support business cases;
7. Automation Innovation - A broad remit to identify opportunities for automation to drive commercial efficiencies cross our wider technology stack.
8. Ensuring compliance with local and global data protection policies (GDPR)
9. Local Team Lead role: EU/SA CRM hub team lead, supporting & nurturing the local EU/SA CRM specialists, creating and sustaining a learning culture within the team.
- Experience of CRM & Loyalty Programmes & knowledge of operations
- University degree is required. Marketing qualification would be beneficial
- Track record of successfully managing complex operational projects or activities.
- Strong project management skills - preferably in a Retail context.
- Passionate about customer experience and able to overcome barriers to deliver better experiences for our customers across multiple channels
- Strong Stakeholder collaboration skills.
- Proven competence in managing external partners & contracts.
- Delivering through others and holding to account through strong project management skills.
- Confident and able to clearly communicate to a wide base of diverse stakeholders