This is a high-profile position that requires working closely with Senior Procurement Managers, Category Managers and business stakeholders requiring the provision of goods & services, delivery of operational excellence and commercial value delivery from spend under management. The CP Manager will balance efficient delivery (sourcing and execution of contracts) with a focus on business value. Working to optimise the scope of CP Operations globally, assurance of sourcing processes and consistent approach to commercial contract management, in addition development of new skill for CP Operations are key challenge for this role. The CP Manager is directly accountable for Operational & Tactical Contract sourcing & contract management, RtP execution, to deliver Operational Excellence across the value chain.
Ability to work for a second shift (13.30 – 22.00) with extra premium paid.
- E2E Integration - Ensure close integration between Requisitioners, Operations, CP Data teams and ensure this connection and Business support is effective at all levels in the organization. Contribute to CP Ops DS Trading & Supply leadership team and is an active member of the CP Downstream Functions & Technology Operations XLT.
- Value Delivery - Consistently drive Value Delivery as defined with DS T&S as first priority. At the same time ensure that this value focus is balanced with keeping efficiency at targeted levels. Deliver TQ Contract management appropriate for contracts in scope to ensure commitments/benefits promised are being delivered/ achieved.
- Operational Excellence/ Efficiency - Deliver Operational Excellence for DS T&S in the Sourcing and Execution of contracts, RtP/sourcing Process for run and maintain as well as Projects. This includes management of cycle times in accordance with business needs and ensuring CP Ops T&S organization and CP Ops-managed processes are easy to work with. Drive Continuous Improvement principles to create a performance culture. Drive and support the CP Front Line time liberation, and proactively look for opportunities to push the organization forward to achieve even greater efficiencies, to free up asset/market-based CP/SC resources allowing them to focus on high value add commercial opportunities.
- Compliance with processes and regulations. Implement standard processes, methodologies, tools, and enablers. Drive compliance to the CMCP, Code of Conduct, commercial assurance and group assurance processes.
- Drive and leverage digitalisation of CP. Improve usage of digital tools and insights to deliver business value and efficiency. Be forefront in driving digitalisation and right first-time data ownership into CP T&S across the globe.
- People & Organization - Drive a model of individual Ownership & Accountability across the CP Operations Delivery team. Create a culture where a high quality of basics is the norm. The Foundations for TQ performance are high quality contract basics and meeting contract planning requirements. Ensure that the Delivery organization is right sized. Lead a highly competent & highly motivated team. Lead staff, their delivery performance, appraisal, professional development and succession planning. Ensure a connect with staff at all levels, encourage a culture where staff have the opportunity to share and express concerns and opportunities.
- Requires significant commercial experience & commercial acumen.
- Good understanding of contracting and category management process and what drives performance and functional excellence in RtP.
- Should be self-directing and have a good knowledge of the Shell business and the T&S business environment.
- Ability to lead change and resolve conflicts at multiple levels.
- Must be a team player with strong communication, facilitation and team building skills.
- Should possess strong people skills, strong passion for development with an appreciation of D&I and cultural differences.
- Must be able to drive and adapt to changes and be capable of taking on new challenges. Must have strong decision-making abilities in combination with balanced risk taking.
- Proven leader with a focus on effective execution (results oriented/thought leader). Significant experience in leading teams and engaging and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Ability to influence senior management and develop strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge constructively and identify improvement opportunities.