You get to lead the design and production management of Shell’s corporate reports, a suite of high-profile publications which are distributed to key stakeholders. You will be responsible for delivering creative and cost-effective reports which build and leverage Shell’s single most valuable asset, the Shell Brand. You will be part of a dynamic global community of creative stewards.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
As Shell pursues its ambitions towards net zero emissions, the role of the Shell brand will be even more important in continuing to build trust, loyalty and credibility among our employees, customers, business partners and stakeholders. Design and communication specialists will serve a fundamental role as we develop and deliver award-winning, inspiring and seamless creative projects for Shell businesses to communicate their business goals and activities. You will be part of Creative Solutions, an in-house creative global enterprise dedicated to one customer: Shell. Creative Solutions is Shell’s go-to team for integrated content creation, experiential and sponsorship activation. We are responsible for producing a wide range of creative content, campaigns and events – from delivering innovative virtual experiences to producing world-class, fully integrated campaigns combining film, digital, social, design and print assets.
What’s the role?
As the CSPM Corporate Reports, you will manage the end-to-end process for design and production of Shell’s corporate reports including the Annual Report, Sustainability Report and Tax Contribution Report, amongst others. You will be responsible for the sound planning, organisation and delivery of these publications which are distributed annually to investors, shareholders, government representatives, NGOs, media and employees.
Your role will include:
- Responsible for the end-to-end project management of the reports’ design and production process, including setting budgets, timelines, tasks and task owners. Ongoing tracking to identify any issues and implement mitigation measures to ensure successful delivery against the project plan;
- Manage suppliers for design, digital, layout, proof-reading, print and distribution. Monitor their delivery to secure the best value, service standards and output for Shell;
- Bring creativity to the design process and offer stylistic recommendations in areas such as photography and graphics, while ensuring compliance with brand and visual identity guidelines;
- Liaise with senior stakeholders including in Legal, Finance, Investor Relations and Corporate Relations throughout the project lifecycle for planning, progress updates, approval processes and delivery;
- Following each reporting cycle, measure the project’s effectiveness including against external benchmarks. Identify best practices and improvements for future implementation.
- Support other, non-reports creative design projects such as design for print, digital, presentations and integrated campaigns.
What we need from you:
- Learner Mindset – role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes;
- Maximise performance – integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole.
- Significant project management experience gained in-house or within a large, fast-paced agency or creative environment, with a strong track record in design, digital and marketing communications;
- Knowledge of design and production processes for corporate publications or similar materials;
- Strong stakeholder management skills across all levels and supplier management such as design and creative agencies;
- Budget management and the ability to drive the best value and achieve cost savings;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills including being able to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines during peak periods in the reporting cycle.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).