This is an opportunity to be part of a growing team in Legal that is a key enabler for transforming the way legal support services are delivered globally through greater use of standardised ways of working, project management tools and leveraging technology to deliver a competitive advantage for Shell.
Where you fit in:
This role will be in the Central Legal Services (CLS) team which is part of the Legal Services Global Operations (LSGO) organisation and will be based in Shell Krakow (Poland). LSGO is a young team (estd. 2018) and comprises a multidisciplinary group that ranges from lawyers, to business analysts, paralegals and project management specialists.
You will work alongside other lawyers and paralegals based in the team to support a wide variety of general legal matters for various businesses. This role will initially focus on support for Downstream businesses in the EU and US region before gradually progressing to a broader group of businesses and regions. The primary scope of work includes, among others, drafting contracts, advising on legal risks and compliance related topics, and working with others on initiatives to continuously improve our documentation and ways of working through workflow systems, templates and, where appropriate, automation.
What is needed:
- A professional, fast-learning and enthusiastic lawyer with an ability to advise on a wide variety of commercial matters and is keen in developing experience working in a global role that is exposed to multiple businesses.
- Fluent and proficient English speaking and writing skills.
- Law degree and license to provide legal services.
- Qualification as legal advisor or advocate in Poland or in another country is an advantage
- Ability to ensure that documents accurately reflect the commercial decisions, at all times consistent with legal obligations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage issues independently.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering commercially pragmatic and business value-adding legal advice.
- Demonstrated ability to identify legal risks and alternative strategies in a defined area.
- A good degree of flexibility, interacting with legal and business colleagues spread across different regions across the globe.
We are searching for 2 candidates:
- Minimum 8 years legal experience, preferably in a regional or global role (as a part of in-house legal team or in a recognized law firm)
- Minimum 4-5 years legal experience, preferably in a regional or global role