We are currently looking for an experienced Trade Compliance (TC) Advisor to join our Aviation line of business.
As Aviation TC Advisor will be a key part of the Aviation and Shell-wide network of trade compliance professionals, focused on delivering Trade Compliance Programme, TC projects and TC digital solutions in Aviation with the intent to strengthen robustness of TC controls. This role works closely with the Aviation Trade Compliance Focal Point and Aviation Trade Compliance Manager in delivery of 100% Trade Compliance every time.
The Trade Compliance environment is dynamic, increasingly complex and more frequently being used as a foreign policy tool. Inherent Trade Compliance is very high in Aviation due to its global nature, presence of Non-Operated Ventures and US nexus (through US dollar and US banks). Therefore, ensuring Shell Aviation complies with all regulatory expectations is a fundamental principle of how we do business, at the heart of growing trust in Shell and living our values and critical to sustaining the license to operate.
• Activates emergency response in case of TC incidents, works with the Aviation TC Focal Point and TC Manager to resolve issues and actively supports the Incident Owners in the incident investigations
• Monitors and reports of TC KPIs
• Deploys new key TC tools (liaison with IT, training for the site staff and Country Operations Manager, issue resolution).
• Acts as the Business Administrator of these new tools and the already implemented ones i.e. keeps the tools updated, extracts & analyses the data for preventive TC controls, liaises with IT to resolve the issues, first line of support for the site users.
• Delivers conceptual work on reviewing and delivering TC policies, procedures, trainings
• Follows up on the TC Policy interpretations of central guidance as appropriate for business risk management.
• Supports deployment of the TC assurance activities
• Provides business level subject matter expertise, advice and guidance on standard processes and controls (including due diligence and screening)
• Supports the Aviation knowledge and capability agenda including analysis and follow up of incidents
• Supports the Shell Aviation Community with the on-demand TC engagements aiming to strengthen knowledge of TC risk management. Engages with a wide range of stakeholders in Aviation (both in Shell and externally) on TC Policy and promotes its full embedment.
• Delivers assigned TC projects aimed predominantly at continuous improvement and further automation of the TC controls
• Ability to cope with significant pressure in case of Trade Compliance issues/red flags
• Proven track on professional experience in international Trade Compliance area (min 5 years)
• Experience in controls, governance, risk, and assurance
• Strong analytical skills. Knowledge of PowerBI will be an advantage
• Excellent communications (written and spoken) skills in English and ability to articulate risk, controls and assurance principles including ability to make it relevant in non-technical language.
• Deep understanding of key risks; exposures and developments associated with Trade Compliance activities, especially Sanctions related risks.
• Track record of engaging stakeholders in a virtual environment and delivering through others.
• Continuous Improvement: Ability to work with the business to translate improvement opportunities into ways of working.