Request for Proposal Analyst
The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a trusted partner and advisor with a deep understanding of their needs who can help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors is seeking a hardworking individual who can support and enable our client facing teams to succeed in this environment. Are you that person?
As an RFP Analyst within State Street Global Advisors’ Global Institutional Group, you will take an active role in the business development process, with responsibility for creating accurate, high-quality, and compelling requests for proposal, requests for information and due diligence questionnaires for prospective institutional clients and consultants. You will be part of a global team responsible for:
- Working with client facing teams to analyze proposal requirements to decide bid/no bid
- Managing the completion of the RFP/RFI/DDQ to the deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for drafting, information gathering, review and final approval of RFPs/RFIs/DDQs
- Engaging and partnering with internal subject matter experts to draft nonstandard answers to questions that are clear and compelling
- Compiling performance, characteristics and personnel data for RFPs/RFIs/DDQs
- Ensuring the firm brand, product messaging, and tone are consistent throughout the document
- Minimizing reputational risk by working with subject matter experts to ensure that language and data meet regulatory requirements
- Continually looking for ways to improve and simplify the RFP team’s processes
- Maintaining and logging information for RFP reporting metrics
- This role is part of the Global Request for Proposal, Request for Information and Due Diligence Questionnaire Team and in that role you will report to the respective team manager.
This position requires:
- 3-5 years experience in asset management or strong consideration for those with prior RFP writing experience, or, mutual funds and ETFs exposure
- Understanding of the asset management business, basic financial concepts, and regulations as well as knowledge of various asset classes (e.g., equity and fixed income), different investment products, and market segments
- Comprehensive understanding of the products you support
- Strong project management, analytical thinking, problem solving, research, time management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity for differentiated thinking and ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive optimal outcomes
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to understand and communicate investment data
- Acute attention to detail
- Capability to produce high-quality and/or final work product and solutions in a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines, including the skill to prioritize and allocate projects and workflow to ensure timely and accurate delivery
- Being collaborative by nature with the capability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines
- An ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with internal partners across all levels of the organization
- An ability to take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
- An ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- A positive attitude that motivates and inspires others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications, specifically MS Word and Excel
- Graduate or above, preferably with specialization in finance or comparable designation, MBA a plus
About State Street
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses the values of our company. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
- State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.