Who we are looking for:
As a Virtual Desktop Support Engineer within the Global EUC Team, your main responsibility will be Support our Citrix Virtual Desktop and Virtual App platforms via the ITIL guided practices. We would like the experienced Support Engineer who has the aspirations to become a SME in the field we will help you get there. This role will provide you with the opportunity to help us change our culture and drive change across the product set of End User Compute but specifically the Virtual Desktop environment. Together we will try and work on improving the technology stack both internally and in the cloud for an enhanced user experience, one we can be proud of.
The below is what we are looking for but you may not have it all, we will expect you to learn and bridge the gaps of which we have a great learning platform called Degreed, with a wide range of learning materials and sources for you. We are creating an, “above the line” culture and we need people to think like this.
Why this role is important to us:
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
What you will be responsible for:
- Be accountable for operation delivery of our Virtual Desktop estate. Work closely with our support partners a well as vendors such as Citrix, VmWare, Nutanix, Microsoft.
- We will need you to build and maintain strong operational relationships with our EUC vendors and 3rd Party suppliers through building relationships and good Vendor Governance we have in place.
- Never accept what we have is good enough, always look through analysis and monitoring of Virtual Desktop availability and performance levels against documented SLAs.
- Pro-actively review Support issues taking ownership of tickets and putting our end users first.
- Be passionate about end user experience, looking for way to improve the performance and experience we deliver to the business through innovative solution engineering
- Identifying Problems, and taking a holistic view through all technologies to drive complex issues to closure.
- A passion to automate, creating innovative solution to improve experience and system compliance through automated solution.
- A focus on prevention rather than fix to ensure SLA's and service excellence are managed and maintained.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Citrix XenDesktop (Virtual Desktop)
- Windows 10
- Citrix XenApp (Virtual Apps)
- Microsoft App-V
- Ivanti UWM
- You realise collaboration, and relationship building is key to getting things done but also good for you
- You’re passionate about what you do and proud of what you have achieved so far, but you want to do more
- You want to learn to further your technical but also personal skill sets
- You do have proven experience working in an environment that has complicated and difficult problems to solve
- Be not afraid to try things new, it may be good, it may not work, but at least you tried and we learned
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops