Who we are looking for
As a Risk Analyst within State Street Global Advisors’ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will provide an independent investment and liquidity risk oversight across asset classes and products offered by SSGA. You will need the ability to organize both qualitative and quantitative information in a meaningful way to develop and implement plans to mitigate risks to SSGA.
In this role you can anticipate substantive interaction with several global business functions, including Investment, Trading, Product, Legal and Compliance, and will need to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will also work closely with our Technology Risk partners to drive improvement in productivity via automation and centralization of risk reporting, to execute our digital transformation strategy. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by challenging the status quo and providing objective thought leadership to our organization and the financial industry
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors is the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions. Institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
The Global ERM team consists of over 70 risk professionals based in Boston, Stamford, London, Dublin, Krakow, Bangalore and Sydney. As a combined group, we are responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, liquidity, credit, and model risk globally.
What you will be responsible for
- Perform risk measurement and monitoring, provide reporting, interact with and engage first line of defense to address threshold exceedances and other risk related issues.
- Collaborate with various teams to execute, expand and improve SSGA’s overall risk management framework.
- Work on improvements to methodologies used for risk analysis and undertake independent research.
- Provide global functional leadership and strong cross risk discipline vision by serving as a key contact for risk queries and collaborating with other risk and internal control functions.
- Work at the forefront of financial regulatory developments, new products, services and applications as well as assess and report on their respective impacts to the business's risk profile.
What we value
- Collaborative by nature with the ability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines.
- Take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a fast-paced and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
- Have ability and motivation to master key concepts and themes in an evolving regulatory environment.
- Have high degree of efficiency, attention to detail and focus on efficient and accurate execution.
- Have a positive attitude that motivates and inspires others.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or business-related field, or equivalent experience; having CFA or FRM is ideal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; prior experience with standard buy-side risk systems (e.g., MSCI BarraOne, Bloomberg PORT, GX truView), SQL database and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) is desired, combined with willingness to use technology and systems to build value adding risk monitoring processes and reporting.
- 1 to 4 years of relevant experience in a financial services organization, buy-side experience is preferred.
- Deep understanding of financial markets and instruments, passion for investment management and a good grasp of investment products, especially mutual funds and ETFs.
- Working knowledge of market and liquidity risk analysis including stress testing process development and implementation.
- Excellent analytical, social and communication skills combined with ability to work independently with can-do attitude.
- High degree of efficiency, attention to detail and focus on efficient and accurate execution.