If you are a well-organized team-player, good with databases and with an instinct to improve how we work, this could be your opportunity. You will grow personally in a supportive team as you help Legal become simpler and more efficient.
Where You Fit In?
With the pandemic accelerating the pace of digitalization and changing how we work, System Administrator will be vital as we work to make Legal simpler and more efficient. You will be responsible for running and maintaining the patent database, Memotech on behalf of the LSPT – Technology department. Reporting to the Central Legal Operations Manager, within the LSGO department.
What is the Role?
System administrator will be responsible for the running, maintenance and updating of the Patent system, Memotech. Additional responsibilities include report creation, data integrity, metrics and analytics reporting, and database country law updates.
Close working with IT and external database vendor (CPA Global) to support the SaaS application which houses Shell’s patent estate, docketing deadlines, country laws and other workflows. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data within the patent database. No direct or indirection interaction with the business.
What We Need from You?
Key areas for success in this role will be your excellent people, IT and organizational skills.
• You are an effective team player.
• You are flexible, pro-active, able to multi-task and prioritize, with the confidence and initiative to coordinate support for patent practitioners and operations staff with promptness and efficiency.
• In depth knowledge of a patent database administration (Memotech preferred but not required) including usage, management, database integrity, law updates, daily run and maintenance of the system
• Familiarity of IP processes with regard to the database including annuities.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail.
• Extreme proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel including pivot tables).
• You respect confidentiality requirements.