Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you seeking a role beyond development and a pathway into architecture and technical governance? Do you relish the chance to work on diverse projects, tech-stacks and architectures? Is it more important to you to lay groundwork or implement Proof of Concepts then the actual project itself?
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for senior software engineers to:
• help guide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyse business and technical requirements for the CDIO Group Functions
• engage with diverse teams to help design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• rapidly learn new technologies to help our teams get a jump start on their upcoming challenges
• troubleshoot problems on existing projects bringing your expertise to bear
• act as an internal consultant across CDIO Group Functions, guiding them towards their solutions
You’ll be working in the CDIO Group Functions CTO Innovation team, as part of the Technology division in Krakow. We standardise, guide, advice and measure the technology usage across CDIO Group Functions Technology. This benefits our CDIO Group Functions business and operations teams with excellent products as well as directly helping our technology team’s efficiency. As a valued member of the CTO Innovation team, you’ll play an important role in shaping our technology choices and usage.
Our global CTO team spans multiple disciplines, has centralised cross business line development teams and lots of opportunity for growth.
• at least 7 years of development which has included designing complex solutions, solving difficult architectural challenges and delivering under pressure
• software engineer/developer focused on large scale architectures and open-source stacks, such as Apache Spark, distributed messaging or service buses
• expert in coding with Java and Scala, must be able to script in Bash. C#, Python and Powershell are also desirable
• produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• design, plan and deliver solutions in a large-scale enterprise environment
• running teams of developers, analysts and working with project managers
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.