Senior Scala/Big Data Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a track record of developing modern cloud based enterprise systems (MS Azure)? Do you want to develop the next level of application in Finance? Are you excited by working in an agile environment? Do you want to play a vital part in the development of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to develop and deploy complex platforms and applications?
We’re looking for senior developer to:
• Develop a cloud based accounting platform
• Work within an agile team to drive development of accounting capabilities.
• Develop software aligned to business and IT requirements, transferring business problems into technical solutions
• Work with their scrum team to harmonize requirements, ensuring the end solution is fit for purpose
• Make sure technical solutions are integrated into our heterogeneous and highly automated infrastructure
The role will be part of the Finance technology team. The teams are global based in Switzerland, UK, EMEA, APAC, US and India. The role will be working as a Big Data / Scala / SPARK developer on one of our key cloud initiatives to ensure that as a business we get the most out of our technology investment by collaborating with your team and developing high quality cloud based solutions. This role is based in Krakow and Wroclaw.
• Ideally worked as a developer having several years experience with very big applications, preferably in the finance sector
• Proven expertise in traditional languages such as, Java and Python as well as new languages like Scala and SPARK
• Proven delivery of cloud IT solutions
• Proven expertise in Big Data solutions
• Strong experience with Microservice, event sourcing architectures and stream processing
• Experience of building automated test cases
• Experience of agile deliveries in an enterprise environment
• Open minded and like to work with other developers around the world
• Experience with stakeholder management and verbal skills
• Known for achieving deadlines and staying within budget
• Results-driven individual with ability to deliver good quality solutions to tight timelines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.