Model Validation Specialist Quantitative Analyst (PPNR)
Job Reference #
Are you an expert in analytics? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you know how to work well within a team and deliver effective solutions? We're looking for someone to carry out independent validation of forecasting models used in the UBS U.S. entity in Pre-Provision Net Revenue (PPNR) area, by
• assessing the model's conceptual soundness and methodology
• evaluating appropriateness of input data, model assumptions and parameters, calibration accuracy as well as of qualitative or expert adjustments, etc.
• reviewing model outcome, and performing impact analysis, benchmark and robustness analyses
• identifying model limitations and evaluating overall model risk
• documenting the assessment to required standards
• interacting and collaborating with stakeholders such as model developers, modeler users, line of business, model governance representatives in order to safeguard the quality of our model risk management framework
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the US Model Risk Management & Control team responsible for the independent validation of the CCAR PPNR models used in UBS U.S. entity. . Our role is to understand and assess the risks associated with the use of models throughout our firm. We focus on models used to monitor operational risks such as money laundering, rogue trading or market manipulations, as well as artificial intelligence models used across our bank. We are responsible for identifying corrective actions that promote model risk management process improvements and ensuring the timely remediation of identified issues. Our team interface with key stakeholders, US regulators and internal auditors to discuss justification and reasoning behind validation and review findings.
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance,; PhD is a plus.
• Knowledge of Investment Banking business and products is preferred.
• 5+ years of working experience in model validation or model development, preferably in a bank or a management consulting firm. Advanced degree may be considered for part of experience.
• Familiarity with SR 11-7 regulatory guidance for model risk management.
• Knowledge of model forecasting and statistical modeling approaches (ie. linear regression model, time series, error-correction model etc.).
• Knowledge of financial markets and products.
• Strong coding skills in excel, R, Python, SAS, MATLAB or similar.
• Strong technical writing and communication skills. Fluency in English; both oral and written is strongly preferred.
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Motivated, well organized, and able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards.
• Excellent English language skills, ability to prepare and present reports and presentations to senior level stakeholders.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.