Tech Data Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for a passionate and experienced hands on Senior Data Engineer with sound and established cloud knowledge to manage and build the next generation Cloud Data Platform which will deliver a Data Mesh and Data Products for the Investment Bank across CDIO IB Technology.
• reimagining data as a first-class citizen, UBS will treat and deliver data as an actual product
• data Mesh is a way of seeing data not as a by-product but as decentralised self-contained data products, this paradigm shift in data architecture requires innovation and agility
• provide business, data product and technology users a great user experience to discover, publish and share data across the organisation for data analytics and machine learning
Data Cloud is an exciting new digital platform built to support not only to host cloud services it also provides the framework for hosting the Data Mesh and the robust tools for creating and managing the Data Products. You will work alongside other experts on a genuinely ground breaking project with the latest cloud based data technologies creating tools and micro services to build Data Products . As a key part of the IB CDIO Market Regulations team you will contribute to architecture and technical direction of the project. The team is being run with a particular emphasis on Dev Ops and the CI/CD pipeline and located globally across London, Poland and India.
• hands on experience working with Agile and DevOps development methodologies
• Proven experience building full stack applications from inception through to production
• hands-on experience with modern frameworks such as Angular, React, Node.js
• experienced developer in at least two of the following languages Java, Scala or Python
• experience of Azure platform and services Azure Functions, PostGres, SQL Server
• experience of design and build of data pipelines using Spark, Kafka and Flink
• infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or Azure Resource Manager
• understanding of dev ops tools and engineering practices using micro-services, ci/cd pipeline and test automation
• mentor junior team members and share knowledge of your skillsets out to the wider team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.