Senior Java Backend Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you know how to build robust and scalable systems in Java? Are you an innovative problem solver? We’re looking for someone like that who will:
• be a member of a software development team
• accomplish close partnership with business in small multidisciplinary teams focused on delivering solutions driven by OKRs
• help with the next step of journey in moving systems to the cloud
• work with business requirements, design and develop robust technical solutions providing L3 support
The race for smarter infrastructure and platforms, better design, better usability, deep security and intelligent data is not slowing down – we’re looking for talented engineers to join our teams in Krakow and Wroclaw, where we offer positions in various projects and functions.
As a Java Backend Developer you'll lead technical design discussions with other engineers and play an important role in ensuring the development methodology is followed. Our culture, across the teams, centres around partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability and empowerment, and passion for the future.
At UBS, we make sustainability the everyday standard. We support employees’ well-being, we take care of our own environmental footprint and build long-term cooperation with local communities. Therefore we offer our employees, among many other things, the below:
• contract of employment and work permit support for foreign applicants
• private medical health care topped up with a life and health insurance policy
• additional recovery days
• access to the benefit cafeteria platform
• referral program with bonus award, so you can recommend other experts and continue working with friends
• volunteering opportunities to make an impact on our local and global communities
• possibility to buy UBS shares
• modern eco-friendly offices in central locations, bike parking & electric vehicles charging points
• hybrid ways of working
We are a fast moving team, who love working agile. We also keep focusing on building and maintaining the best possible engineering ecosystem and culture within a technology organization.
Join us and develop your career in the global technology team of the world's largest wealth manager.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients
• expertise in fundamentals of computing science
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• experience in Core Java
• experience in technologies like Spring, Spring Boot, Maven, Gradle, Kafka, Docker
• experience in working with a cloud a plus
• attention to details and proactive testing approach experienced in working with relational databases
• advanced English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.