This role is within the Internal Communications & Engagement team (part of Corporate Relations), established to develop and execute Shell’s internal communications strategy on a global basis. The team supports the delivery of Shell’s business goals and priorities by ensuring consistency in strategy, systems, processes and tools across corporate, business and functional internal communications.
The key objectives of the IC team are to: connect staff with strategy to ensure each employee understands their personal contribution to the company’s success; connect leaders with staff at all levels to strengthen employee engagement and motivation and drive a high performance culture; and connect the organisation with the external world and customers. The Internal Communications Content Adviser serves as a strategic content development and execution partner and builds collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders to strengthen employee engagement and business performance across Shell. This position serves as a strategic writer and content delivery specialist.
Builds collaborative partnerships with IC&E colleagues who work closely with various businesses
Provides proactive recommendations on best use of content and channels to further connect employees to performance
Works with reports and data analytics for channels and tools used in IC and provides advice based on the insights.
Develops, writes, and manages effective content as assigned; deliverables can include articles, strategic narratives, speaking points, web page content, digital banners, posters, PowerPoint presentations, brochures, handouts, video scripts, infographics and other strategic IC content in communications plans and briefs inorder to support leaders in their drive to connect employees to business performance and Shell culture.
Delivers fit-for-purpose content effectively and efficiently within the IC “consultancy” model of delivery based on high interdependencies across specialised practice areas Develops subject matter knowledge of major business, functional areas or programmes assigned to serve, especially the key business priorities/challenges/opportunities
Works with other IC content contributors – including Content team members, contracted writers, channel Advisers and related delivery and execution professionals – as needed to maintain quality control and timely delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proofread at advanced skilled level in the English language for a variety of audiences.
• Diploma or degree in communications, PR or journalism or Technical Writing certificate/diploma is an asset
.• Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and decision making.
• Experienced editor (substantive and copy).
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) required
• Experience with Premiere Pro and Adobe is a plus.
• Experience in digital and social media content development and execution is a plus.
• Demonstrated project management skills; a proven ability to work to deadlines while managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
• Strong attention to detail and able to learn new material quickly.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver who can think outside the box.
Delivering results under time pressure and competing interests. Ability to learn how to translate the communications plans prepared by others in order to develop and deliver strategic and fit-for-purpose content and materials required for the business.
Knowledge of the broader communications/external relations function to enable successful strategic counsel would be an asset.
Business circumstances/time zones in the global organization may require some flexibility in the working hours