This role is part of the new Reshape organisation wherein the Legal operating model ensures that Legal is set up for the future to affordably support Shell’s evolving strategy.
The successful candidate will be a valuable part of the Information and Governance (IG) team within Global Litigation. This Paralegal will be the Information Management focal for global litigation and the lead trainer for the global litigation matter management system which is critical to Global Litigation’s ability to accurately track and monitor litigation risk and spend. This role will also lead the management of information and records training and assist in the evaluation of knowledge/document management applications. You will assist on protocols and practices relating to preservation management issues and will need knowledge of record management systems and protocols. The successful candidate will work with a global team and occasionally need availability during non-regular working hours.
This position is in the Krakow SBO and will report to the Team Lead, Litigation Reporting Analyst in Global Litigation. This role has responsibility for working directly with the Global Litigation team and legal overall to ensure compliance with records management policies, preservations, non-record destruction and matter management.
What’s the Role:
This role has responsibility for working to develop and implement best practices around records management, preservation, training, matter intake, and reporting. You will interface with other members of the Global Legal organization, Group Records Management, and Global IT.
Information Management Compliance Focal for Litigation;
Focal point for questions dealing with Records Management and Compliance for Global litigation;
Ensure Litigation Team’s compliance with Group records policies;
Provide Preservation Awareness Training to Records focals outside of Litigation;
Design and Provide TeamConnect Training to new joiners and refresh training as warranted;
Assist attorneys, paralegals, and administrative assistants with TeamConnect inquiries;
Provide Advice, steer projects and training;
Assist the Litigation Information Group with O365 eDiscovery Compliance Center Holds and preservation process;
Work directly with Shell Businesses to identify information relevant to specific matters;
Update Suspend Destruction Bulletin;Assist non-US countries with preservation;
Coordinate and work with the Matter Management System Analysts;
Design and conduct audits relating to record and matter management compliance; and
Coordinate and assist litigation and other legal department colleagues with information management issues.
• Working with a document management system, preferably with a legal department.
• Knowledge of Legal Hold Tool.
• Experience with a Matter Management system, preferably TeamConnect.
• Experience and competence in training others on tools, protocols and processes.
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Knowledge of data privacy laws.
• Basic understanding of preservations, discovery and disclosure in litigation.
• Strong organisational and teaching skills.
• Collaborative – a good team player.
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
• Willingness to learn new programs and skills as needed for projects.
• Comfortable with direct interface with internal legal counsel and staff, even at senior levels and external to litigation.
• Understanding the importance of information management especially relating to litigation matters.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good standard of written and spoken English (min. C1).