The Segment Architect an integral member of the Business IT and the Shell Architecture IT teams, helping to shape the future of the Line of Business portfolio.
Other accountabilities are as follows:
• Work with the Lead Segment Architect to maintain the segment architectures, application portfolio inventory, landscape diagrams and lifecycle maps for the applications within the portfolio.
• Identify and propose potential portfolio changes and improvements, including decommissioning. Develop and maintain application roadmaps for the portfolio.
• Work directly with the Business Interface IT Managers and Delivery Vertical teams to implement the target portfolio and address architecture issues in the application portfolio. Monitor applications portfolio health and address chronic deficiencies.
• Work with the Business Interface IT Managers, Delivery Vertical teams, Business Process Owner and Business Architects to provide consultancy on architecture and portfolio matters. This includes, but is not limited to benchmarking of the portfolio against external practice; externalisation efforts to keep a highly visible external perspective; advise on any project issues; advise touch points with other Lines of Business and opportunities to leverage applications, processes etc.
• Advise and give input to development of domain IT strategy.
• Work closely with Lead Segment Architect and other architects to assure an efficient applications landscape and adherence to prevailing standards and guidelines.
• Develop and maintain segment architecture including target selections.
• Ensure architecture artifact quality and retention in appropriate tools
• Guide and support project teams and solution architects on the use of segment and reference architectures. Provide, or make available through others, technical expertise and support to project and support personnel on IT matters in the portfolio.
• Participate in governance processes, e.g., assurance review and signoff, and share all relevant needed documentation. Participate as required at the Architecture Review Board and relevant IT Leadership Teams.
• Facilitate Architecture Risk Assessments on projects, and conduct Assurance Reviews and Stage Gate signoff for medium and low risk projects, involving data, technical and integration architects as needed
• Participate in and contribute to the Line of Business segment architecture network.
• Provide support to Solution Architects, including overall development and coordination of solution architects working in the portfolio (e.g., coaching, mentoring, input on resourcing decisions.)
• Work with Line of Business and Group level enterprise and reference architects to develop and improve standards and reference architectures (Data models, application architecture standards, integration architecture standards, etc.)
• Maintain knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, including data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR), and ensure that those are included in architecture strategy and design decisions.
• Proactively review segment portfolio with ITM and business to maintain the alignment on how personal data is managed and handled properly.
• Lead natural teams towards increasing value and decreasing risk of data.
Skills & Requirements:
• Knows the TOGAF 9 standards, understands the Architecture Framework and is able to explain the role of architecture in IT processes/organisation
• Understands the IT Strategic Roadmap and knows there are related reference architectures and roadmaps for Cloud, Mobile, Integration, OpenSource, Big Data etc.
• Knows the Enterprise Architecture website and is able to use it
• Understands what is segment architecture and the link to portfolio management and platforms
• Understands the fundamentals of relevant architectures (process, data, application, integration) and is able to use it with help in solution architecture
• Knows the Target Operating Environment (TOE)
• Knows relevant IRM standards for Architecture
• Has basic understanding of how to use the standard architecture tools
• Typical Years of Experience: 7 to 12 years in IT with some IT leadership experience
• Minimum Education or Certification: Degree related to IT