Who we are looking for
Senior Outsourcing Governance Manager will be leading the EMEA Outsourcing and Resiliency Office to drive consistency in the outsourcing model, framework and oversight for all EMEA legal entities and new outsourcing proposals. The office will be primarily tasked with reducing fragmentation and building consistency for the region.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Leadership for EMEA Outsourcing and Resiliency Streams
- Execute implementation of the Outsourcing Framework to ensure compliance with EMEA Outsourcing Policy
- Coordination of timely updates of the EMEA Outsourcing Inventory
- Assistance with business controls testing over EMEA outsourcing Inventory and Outsourcing Framework
- Advising Business Units and centralized functions on adherence to the EMEA Outsourcing Policy
- Cooperation with relevant Outsourcing parties across the region to provide guidance and advice to ensure their outsourcing arrangements are aligned with business needs and compliant with the regulations and internal State Street requirements
- Oversight of Timely and accurate delivery of outsourcing tasks
- Execute Resiliency related reporting that will be developed for key business services
- Work with cross-functional teams to help identify risk issues that require flagging to senior management
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements, and hold team members accountable do the same. Meeting regional regulatory expectations on Outsourcing and Resiliency
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with key stakeholders such as Compliance, ERM and Business Units
- Co-ordinate, manage and support the successful delivery of projects/ programs of work through working collaboratively with stakeholders. Including the implementation of new EMEA Outsourcing Policy and framework to remediate the EBA outsourcing requirements.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated commitment to Integrity and Ethical Values and Strengthen Risk Management Culture
- At least 7 years of experience in roles related to Outsourcing, AML/KYC, Compliance, Risk Management or central governance function
- PMO, project management qualification (Prince 2, MSP, Agile) or equivalent demonstrable experience Skills and Experience preferable
- Advanced PC literacy including MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of Business Process Modelling and Lean Management will be a strong asset
- Ability to operate at a senior management level and engage with senior staff from different State Street locations
- Analytical skills: the candidate should be able to take a step back from the available data and look holistically at the risks impacting the service delivery with the ability to “connect the dots” and form an articulated risk opinion
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in his own behavior
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Communicate confidently, effectively and clearly in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent English is a must
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers