Who we are looking for
At the AVP role you will be responsible for the Leadership of several teams in our Middle Office group, ensuring compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the Accurate and Timely Servicing of our Clients. In addition you will take charge of team development, staff management and enhancing overall client satisfaction.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is within the Poland Middle Office Tower in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street Global Delivery, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing End-to-end clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead and develop Middle Office teams including performance management, coaching, development, engagement and recruitment.
- Ensure that both Global and Local strategy is aligned and understood by staff
- Ensure team execution of high quality client deliverables and act as the escalation point for operational and staffing issue.,
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions as well as external stakeholders (clients, custodians, brokers etc.).
- Assist in achieving yearly productivity & efficiency targets.
- Proactively work to conceptualize and implement measurable process improvements and client solutions through process review and re-engineering initiatives.
- Coordinate and present KPI to outsourcing entities.
- Represent Department and Tower on various forums including senior management forums.
- Sponsor improvement and transformation Projects collaborating with Oversight and Local management.
- Risk Management including responsibility of error management lifecycle from reporting to remediation implementation, management of global footprint strategy migrations of work from high cost locations to Poland Operations and control of workflow and resource allocation on existing and new business to ensure costs are controlled and resources are appropriately allocated.
What we Value:
- High level of client service, influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Highly effective decision making, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience of working within a highly pressurized and time sensitive environment.
- Highly developed problem solving skill set, including the ability to conceptualize and implement solutions.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintain relationships, internal as well as external across varying levels and cultures.
- Proactive & self-motivated in nature.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 6-8 years Fund Administration experience (preferable Middle Office or Investment Management) with at least 4 years people management experience.
- Strong experience of client communication and interaction at all stakeholder levels.
- Extensive product knowledge across a varied product scope from derivatives, equities, fixed income products with knowledge of alternative investments is beneficial.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills necessary.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader.
You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers