The purpose of this position is to be a key team player in supporting the process related activities and acting as a first point of contact for the Trading Settlements team members and external Stakeholder for any operational (process) matters. A Specialists acts as a role model presenting One Finance behaviors.
A Specialist is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and process compliance as well as maintaining a high quality control framework, identifying the areas for improvement and automation, but also presenting the ideas to solve a problem and document it as per internal requirements.
Shell Trading provides a comprehensive portfolio of products and services associated with crude oil and refined products, natural gas, electrical power, emissions, chemicals trading including shipping services. Currently the Trading Settlements activities are broadly divided into two areas, North America (NA) and WONA (World outside NA).
- To ensure activities are made on-time in line with the agreed metrics, KPIs and service standards.
- To be responsible for period end close (on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis) activities were required.
- To handle the account reconciliation process (both analyse & review/approve) according to BlackLine guidance
- To contribute to debt chasing process.
- To maintain systems and procedures effectively and properly, in line with Control Framework to operate, review and sign off controls within team's scope.
- To be responsible for completion of Audit requirements
- To ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained properly as per requirements (Timeliness & Accuracy).
- To follow the escalation matrix defined for the process. To resolve process/IT issues both within and outside Finance as well as with support from Process Owner Organisation / CI Organisation.
- To support stakeholders in understanding analysis conducted, to use the outcomes topic related to own areas of expertise.
- To cooperate and interact with others by using influencing and persuasion skills, but in a tactful and respectful manner.
- To demonstrate Collaboration and Trust values when explaining and giving advise on analysis performed.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To demonstrate highly developed stakeholder management skills
- To have excellent accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Account Payables & Receivables processes.
- To have Professional or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or other equivalent related business degree.
- To demonstrate Continuous Improvement mindset and to have proven experience in that area.
- To demonstrate excellent working knowledge of MS Office.