The Product Manager is accountable for the value delivery of the product to the business. He or she collaborates with the Product Owner to set the product vision, brings forward the best technology/solutions to solve business problems (e.g. technology and innovation funnels), co-creates the product roadmap and success metrics, fulfills the product lifecycle within Enterprise compliance and controls framework, creates value delivery through product development, performs financial management, and sets the right product environment and mindset for the product team.
If this role is not part of a product line, this assumes the key responsibilities of the PLM:
• Sets the direction for the product line aligned to business vision and agreed KPIs
• Manages senior level stakeholders for the product across RDS to ensure tight orchestration, early warning on new requirements and early warning on potential unmet needs and problems.
• Provides technology/innovation advisory towards lines of businesses that the product line supports to ensure that right innovative technologies are offered as possible ideas to solve complex business problems
• Builds and leads the product teams under the product line
• Promotes design thinking, agile and lean start up to create MVPs within the product line
• Focuses on maximizing the adoption of high-impact digitalization
• Finds the optimal adoption mix of new and emerging propositions vs tried and tested capabilities
• Accelerates maturation and replication of the available digital technology propositions at scale
• Guides product line build or buy decisions and enables the process of investment decision- making across products within the product line
• Drives fulfilment of the product lifecycle across the product line through teams of properly skilled product managers and multi-disciplinary teams. Own and drive the delivery plan in line with the product lifecycle aligning with other PLMs within the IT business portfolio to assure lean product development across the full product value stream and fulfilment of the target IT Strategic Plan.
• Drives rigour in KPI fulfilment through investment discipline across the product lifecycle by product managers within the product line. Aggregate reporting for the product line through available IT business management tools transparency of product line performance against agreed critical success factors.
• Elevates product manager awareness and compliance to agreed Enterprise technology and data standards, acting as escalation point in instances of divergence for avoidance of technical debt.
• Works tightly with IT Managers and other Product Line Managers across the IT business portfolio to enable the agreed business face-up model and drive alignment on Business IT approaches towards other IT functional lines and into the business across the product lifecycle. Speak as confidently to technical teams about product development as to commercial stakeholders about complex product line challenges.
• Demonstrates deep understanding of and proximity to business owners and consumers of the product line’s outputs (internal and/or external).
• Champions use of product data and aggregated product line insights across respective product roadmaps within the product line.
• Drive ‘scale and replicate’ interventions pursuing technology automation and optimisation initiatives across the product line aligned to target end states for the product line’s corresponding technology stack.
• 10+ years industry experience, 5-8 yrs recent experience delivering digital products with proven business impact, 5 yrs experience in a leadership position within RDS or other similar complex environment
• Must have out of the box thinking
• Proven ability to master the complexity of interactions, demonstrating strong communication skills, among IT, digital and business stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of the business to understand and prioritise strategic business requirements.
• Good understanding of digital capabilities and the value they can deliver to Shell.
• Practical experience of working in and with techniques such as agile, scrum, lean start-up or design thinking and in creation of Minimum Viable Products/Propositions (MVPs)
• Proven people development skills and coaching experience.
• Results-oriented, ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Able to manage and be comfortable dealing with a mixed portfolio of fully formed products.
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Balanced commercial, business, and technical skill
• Ability to inspire others to action and drive quality and pace in equal measure to enable successful outcomes
• Confident with data and use of consumer and commercial insights to inform the Product vision and roadmap
• Experience in developing business cases and managing investment budgets