You will be part of the Downstream IT Organisation, positioned in the Downstream Platforms and Functions Team, (DPF). DFP is accountable for all ERP and xDS Data and Analytics platforms, xDS and Functions applications and CAP landscapes across Downstream. Our systems operate in over 30 countries around the world, with over 32k users and process over 12k Fuels delivery a day, over 11 million Finance documents on a monthly basis and over 2.27 million tons of lubricant products a year. Our ERP landscape is one of the largest implementations globally of the SAP environment and the DS BW/HANA platform is the largest in Shell. The Role: Portfolio Management plays a key role in execution of the tasks within the end-to-end IT Service Portfolio Management (ITSPM) process.
Manage the Application/Service Portfolio, including:
• Understand how Business and IT strategy translate to and shape the current and future portfolio of applications and services
• Appraise IT Portfolio: Assessments include analyses on effectiveness of current application & service portfolio in supporting business processes (business value and costs), identification of common characteristics to drive rationalization and simplification of the portfolio. Additional appraisal criteria include strategic fit, service level, business criticality, usage, infrastructure and life cycle status; maintain tactical engagements in coordination with the Business Interface
• Ensure fit-for-purpose solutions to satisfy business critical requirements and the future of the portfolio.
Manage Application/Service and Portfolio Roadmaps, including:
• Define Portfolio and Application Roadmap
• Develop Product Roadmaps (operational) with relevant stakeholders
• Contribute to IT Strategic Planning by evaluating the impact that new business imperatives will have on application & service portfolio
• Align Roadmaps with Architecture and Investment Portfolio Planning, identifying new development and decommissioning opportunities
• Responsible for tracking benefit realization targets regarding their portfolio.
Maintain Application and Service Portfolio, including:
• Maintain Application & Service information in APEX (the single trusted repository for application information) and ensuring APEX data quality
• Effectively engage with IT Managers SOM and Architects, and assure portfolio changes: manage application step out process, initiate and follow-up on application enhancements, provide steer and advice to relevant projects, maintain awareness of service delivery
• Actively drive the harvest agenda by seeking opportunities for portfolio optimisation and application/service decommissioning
• Support SOM and Architecture to review performance of suppliers and the future engagement strategy; population of supplier scorecards.
• Assist Contracting & Procurement with contract and license negotiations for non-strategic suppliers.
• A good conceptual understanding of taxes ( Direct and indirect) ,its applications and impact over businesses
• The individual should have a strong working knowledge of how finance in Shell is organised and the key business objectives of both DS Finance and Finance Operations
• This role will work hand in hand with the IDTM for Tax, PI and the tax organisation to define and develop a natural team covering Tax determination across DS and RDS
• Work with ITM's across Shell IT to fulfil tax determination IT requirements.
• A good knowledge of ERP Finance systems (SAP), Sabrix / OneSource / SETI architecture would be an advantage
• This role will be accountable for developing, with IT engineering, the capabilities required in the RDS Tax determination portfolio management
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior business leadership to gain support for business change/transformation activities
• Demonstrated IT portfolio management skills (project intake, resource demand planning, budget management)
• Strong IT management and analysis skills
• Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
• Demonstrated skill running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from executive leaders
• Facilitate governance, portfolio reviews, and other Delivery related meetings
• Typical Years of Experience: 7 to 10 years in IT with some IT leadership experience
• Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT