Who we are looking for
The AVP of Sourcing is an important role within State Street’s Global Procurement Team and responsible for the preparation, analysis, negotiation and finalization of the end-to-end Procurement process with a focus on software categories. This sourcing manager will support/be a part of the global, regional and local software category sourcing strategies.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Sourcing Manager - Software you will
- Perform direct negotiations and manage sometimes large and complex software agreements
- Solution requests and issues timely, and perform daily problem solving
- Find saving opportunities via stakeholder engagement and data analysis
- Negotiate pricing using the five levers that incentivize a supplier
- Identify risks and opportunities related to achieving financial objectives; work with process partners to mitigate risks and realize opportunities
- Heavily contribute to P&L and Cost Avoid savings for the team
- Analyze data to identify opportunities to reduce existing cost base
- Coordinate, prepare and manage RFx/competitive bids to optimize cost and service
- Use a white glove approach in stakeholder management to provide advice and guidance within software sourcing
- Quickly learn the State Street end to end process, and work within the guidelines to gain saving and delivery results
- Collaborate with TPRM teams to support appropriate policies and procedures are followed and used consistently throughout the acquisition process to identify and mitigate 3rd party risk
- Perform all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 5++ years of sourcing experience in IT Software is a must
- A strong understanding of all facets of software models (on prem, cloud – SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, perpetual, subscription, importance of maintenance levels, etc.)
- Prior in-depth experience negotiating with top technology vendors like Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Citrix and Red Hat
- Ability to create project sourcing strategy and independently collect data
- Proven track record of delivering P&L saving projects
- Top level software commercial negotiation skills with ability to influence cross-functionally
- Proven self-starter who can work independently and within a team while effectively juggling multiple priorities
- Understanding of best in class procurement, risk, Information Security and payable processes
- Personal resilience to work within an extremely fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver with attention to detail
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders diplomatically
- Established written and verbal English communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology related field preferred
- Fully remote work possibility
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Additional holiday entitlement
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers