Who we are looking for
We are looking for a professional with advanced Excel skills, knowledge of Polish labour law and previous experience in HR administration function who will join our HR Operations & Payroll team supporting employees based in Poland.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As HR Operations Specialist you will:
- Ensure maintenance of technical knowledge and have an active role when looking at legislative changes and trends to assess and impact future strategy.
- Continuously improve processes. Be independent in creation modification and implementation of new processes/policies.
- Ensure effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties/vendors/third parties and follows up on administrative details.
- Engage with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and operational area leaders to quantify, track and measure potential business benefits and/ or risk for any defined HR processes
- Prepare and distribute standard and ad hoc HR reports within specified guidelines.
- Manage employee queries related to a wide range of HR administration processes.
- Build and maintain close relationship with vendors.
- Support junior colleagues by providing guidance and sharing updates in labor law.
- Ensure a focus on maintaining data privacy in line with global and local requirements across HR.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Flexible “can do” attitude.
- Team player with a strong customer focus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s diploma – HR related education will be an asset
- 1 or more years’ experience in Polish HR administration or/and payroll position
- Working knowledge of polish specific HR operations eg. parental leaves, holiday management, terminations, employee's lifecycle documents handling, work permits, time & attendance systems and its integration with payroll will be an asset
- Good knowledge of Polish labor code.
- Very good Excel skills (practical usage of various functions i.e. pivot tables v-look up others).
- Native level of Polish language and fluent English.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers