IT System Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We’re looking for a system engineer to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyze business requirements for the Compute Services Team
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Technology Services Infrastructure & Security Engineering, providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Distributed Hosting team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You’ll be working in the Compute Services Team as part of the Technology division in Poland. As an IT System Engineer, you’ll play an important role in engineering the Windows Server Operating system and next generation Windows technologies which look to introduce more automated ways of deploying, maintaining and integrating Windows into the eco system. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
• Confidence and mature experience in large scale Windows Server Deployments (2016, 2019)
• Windows internals / debugging knowledge
• Experience in the hands-on design and delivery of Microsoft Platform technologies
• Very good technical writing skills (runbooks, staging guides)
• Experience of HPE, Dell, Lenovo, ESXi & HyperV technologies
• Experience in Package / Release Management and Patch Management
• Experience and know how on security hardening of server OS and Group Policy
• Knowledge of SDLC and development methodologies / processes
• Ability to effectively interact with a range of people throughout the organization of all levels
• a committed and visionary team player with analytical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
• Ability to work in a global team split over 4 sites worldwide
• Fluency in English and being eager to work in an Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.