Tech Engineer MEG Poland
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an excellent problem solver who is passionate about the latest technology and innovation? Are you a leader who wants to bring engineering excellency to the organization? Do you love learning? Is Agile your way of life?
We are looking for someone who can:
• be a hands-on, experienced technical team member to work in the Regulatory Applications team for Finance Technology
• analyze business requirements and design / develop robust technical solutions and contribute to the end-2-end software development lifecycle
• establish engineering excellency across our all our products and processes
• challenge the status quo, innovate, and build great software
• continue learning, build engineering communities, become ambassadors of innovation
• work as part of an agile development team within a global technology team located in the US, UK, Poland, and India and collaborate with other global IT teams outside of Finance Technology
You’ll be working in the Finance Technology team within the wider Finance, Risk and Analytics Service (FRAS) Technology team. You will as part of the Global Regulatory Calculations team in the MEG function alongside other talented women and men to bring the benefits of the latest technology to solve complex business problems in a sustainable and innovative ways. Our team offers:
• being a part of a major transformational programs in a leading international financial organization
• agile environment where diversity is celebrated
• excellent learning, mentoring, and internal mobility opportunities
• a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Science, or a related field
• proven design and engineering skills experience participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle
• Proven experience in one of the functional programming skills, Scala/Big data/Cloud(AWS/Azure) or Apache Spark is a must.
• knowledge and effective usage of Java, Python, Unix scripting, batch design, microservice architecture and Oracle, development using PL/SQL.
• proven track of requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, coding, testing, and implementation providing support for real-time low latency, distributed software systems processing big data sets
• strong problem solving ability and aptitude for learning new technologies.
• strong communicator both written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• results-driven with ability to deliver to tight timelines, proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
• strong team player who takes initiative, well organized, structured and with drive to deliver high quality software solutions / components
• passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.