Country and Climate Risk Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you interested in how climate change risks impact the bank and creditworthiness of countries ? Are you experienced in analyzing economics, politics and sovereign risk? Do you enjoy analyzing data and developing new solutions? Then we are looking for you to support us to:
• develop and maintain models, methodologies and tools to assess country risk and the impact of climate change on country and sovereign ratings and limits applied across the bank
• interact with specialists in different areas of the Risk function working on climate change-related forecasting and scenario analysis and stress testing
• work with the team and contribute to research, analysis and diverse projects (country-specific, comparative and geopolitical themes)
You will be working as part of the global Political and Country Risk Team in Kraków. Our mandate is the assessment of global political & economic risks, assignment of country and related ratings, oversight of group country limits and development of macroeconomic scenarios for stress testing (including climate change). This requires a sound knowledge of macroeconomic and political theory, econometric modelling skills, as well as the interaction with various internal experts and management.
• university degree in Environment and Sustainability, Economics, Political Economy, Finance or Econometrics
• knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and general understanding of credit risk
• proficient in English, MS office (Excel) and strong digital skills (e.g. R, Phyton, data visualization tools)
• practical experience with rating models, climate and country risk or relevant economic research a plus
• strong analytical and organizational skills: you like to work with data and report your findings eloquently
• a pro-active, reliable team-player with a strong attention to detail, but also able to work independently
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.