Technical Leader of Services Orchestration [IB Technology]
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to design, develop and deploy complex platforms and applications?
We’re looking for an IT technical leader to:
• support our containerization and cloud journey
• take responsibility for the PKS/AKS platform and support application teams with onboarding to it
• embrace new technologies, foster new ideas, pilot and evolve them into guiding principles of delivery
• partner with Tech platform and application teams as well as Business stakeholders across the organization
• define direction for the services orchestration platform and lead towards it
• track and report progress on containerization and cloud adoption to executives and management boards
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• Experience and exposure working with Docker, Kubernetes, PKS and AKS
• Proficient in scripting languages like shell scripts, batch scripts, Python, XML etc.
• Experience implementing and advising on cloud adoption and containerization solutions
• Detailed experience in creating, testing and deploying Kubernetes yaml files for stateful application components
• Experience of Azure capable languages, such as ARM, PowerShell or Terraform and a good understanding of Azure API's
• Experience of CI/CD deployment pipelines (Ado, Gitlab, TeamCity) is advantageous
• Demonstrable experience of infrastructure knowledge: Operating Systems, VMs, Proxy, Networking (TCP/IP), Storage would be a plus
• Strong networking skills, capable of facilitating cross-functional collaborations
• Critical thinking skills that can handle ambiguity and demanding global stakeholder expectations
• A dynamic skillset, capable of performing development functions alongside team lead responsibilities
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
• A self-sufficient, quick learner, who can work well both independently as well as in a team
• A committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
• Someone who is technically excellent and wants to grow
• Passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity
• The go-to person for the latest development innovation
• Willing to challenge the status quo and introduce new ideas that would remove or reduce manual effort
• Focused on quality
• Well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
• An excellent communicator
• Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.