Regulatory Lawyer, Wealth Management
Jersey, Poland, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Kraków, London, St. Helier
Do you have financial regulatory experience and a practical knowledge of wealth management products and services? Do you have a solid background in the legal profession?
We're looking for someone like this to:
• partner with our Wealth Management colleagues to give legal and regulatory advice with a particular focus on new regulatory developments in the UK
• advise Wealth Management on the impact of regulatory developments on their businesses
• stay up-to-date with relevant regulatory developments to make sure we meet all obligations to our clients and regulators
• draft documents, agreements and policies to take account of legal and regulatory changes
• collaborate with other stakeholders on regulatory and strategic initiatives
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You'll be working in our diverse Global Wealth Management UK in-house legal team and be based in London, Jersey or Poland. We’re trusted advisers to our Wealth Management colleagues in London and focus on delivering high-quality legal advice and solutions to manage the legal risks related to the products and services they offer our customers.
We also work closely with external counsel and our colleagues around the globe to make sure the legal and regulatory advice we give to our businesses is timely, accurate and coherent.
• fully qualified as a lawyer in England and Wales (or other common law jurisdiction)
• worked in a similar position as an in-house lawyer or at a private practice, with a minimum of 4 years' post-qualification experience
• good regulatory awareness and familiar with the private banking wealth management industry
• experience and passion for working with stakeholders on commercially sensitive matters
• possess drive, enthusiasm and motivation, paired with a keen commercial sense and risk management skillset
• exceptional written and verbal communication skills, (you are used to interacting with colleagues and challenging stakeholders at all levels)
• adept at building internal and external networks and connections as well as comfortable in working in a dynamic and varied legal environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.