Who we are looking for
A talented and self-driven individual able to develop VBA macros for MS Office applications, as well as oversee a variety of automation initiatives. The individual will work closely with the business teams within the GTCB Middle Office department to ensure that the solutions developed meet the business requirements, as well as follow the development and security standards.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Automation Specialist (VBA Developer) you will
- Automate manual processes for GTCB Middle Office department utilizing VBA and other technologies (Xceptor, Python).
- Interact with GTCB Middle Office teams to perform project analysis and to establish requirements and timelines.
- Track and evaluate project requests and initiatives submitted by the business teams.
- Ensure development efforts in conjunction with core State Street goals.
- Maintain a department-wide macro inventory and provide operating support for the existing VBA macros.
- Perform maintenance of the existing code base and solutions.
- Oversee promotion steps for all automation projects (development - testing - production).
- Engage the existing development resources to apply the best practices and programming standards.
- Continually review and redefine the development process.
- Prepare project documentation according to the agreed standards.
- Provide regular status reporting to the project leads and management.
- Track, manage and escalate issues and risk items.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Conduct ad-hoc reporting and administration tasks as required.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, but as part of a team towards common goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and conduct independent research where required.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA (required), MA (a plus), preferably in Finance, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- At least 2 years' experience of concentrated use of Microsoft Office products.
- At least 1 year of experience in VBA macro development.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Proficient knowledge of VBA programming language and the MS Office applications object model.
- Knowledge of Python and/or SQL would be an additional asset.
- Experience in financial services would be an additional asset.