Who we are looking for
The Operations Specialist will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business. Provide technical support to teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards. Operations Specialist needs to demonstrate good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work. He/she needs to communicate effectively with internal/external parties in English and German languages.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Operations Specialist you will
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to “open surgery” sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of fund accounting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Work closely with Training Department and business lines to identify training needs within the team. Ensure that those needs are met by delivering training sessions to staff on agreed topics.
- Perform FTE and capacity analysis within fund accounting teams
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required
- Excellent English.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- 2+ years experience in fund administration is required.
- Communicative German language level
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers