The intelligent automation Architect position is a key and multi-faceted role in the Automation Center of Excellence (CoE) development team. S/he is responsible for defining and evolving the design and development best practices for automation solutions built across State Street that involves, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Artificial Intelligence, Business Process Management (BPM) and Analytics.
The intelligent automation Architect is responsible for working with the CoE organization including, but not limited to Use Case design and development, Technical Support and Governance. This is to ensure that our products and solutions are being improved based on customer need and feedback as well as being in line with the desired best-practice implementation.
The intelligent automation Architect will assist with the successful implementation of automation solutions at a global scale using RPA tools such as BluePrism, UiPath, BPM tools such as jBPM, Appian and Camunda, Analytics stacks like ELK and Splunk, and other technologies such as .Net/VB, Java, ReactJS and Webservices.
The Automation CoE Architect must be able to:
- Demonstrate Business Process Management and Robotic Process Management aptitude
- Be an expert in leading RPA tools[Blue prism/ Uipath] and BPMN Tools [jBPM/Camunda/Appian] from a functional and technical standpoint
- Certification in RPA Tool , preferably Blue Prism and / or UIPath
- Excellent communication, technical documentation, interpersonal and team building skills
- Competence in financial services industry business processes and best practices, specifically State Street’s strategic vision and current state bottlenecks
- Be a trusted advisor to prospects, customers, and internal to CoE personnel
- Execute Intelligent Automation framework and guidelines along with the project manager
- Drive technology innovation and implementation best practices
- Design and Develop top quality automation solution spanning technologies such as RPA, MQ messaging, etc
- Perform design/code reviews and help to solve “tough problems”
- Ensure CoE standards, best practices, toll gates and controls are implemented and followed
- Lead teams of developers both on and off-shore to deliver quality solutions on-time
- Delivering Robotic Process Automation and Business Process Management software solutions with demonstrable value generation
- Ability to articulate business issues/concerns with people from a variety of technical, solution, industry, executive, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to identify risks and raise for discussion as appropriate both internally and with the customer and federated project teams
- BPM and ability to automate and implement the automation framework to continuously improve the business process demonstrating tangible results against business driven KPIs
- Various web-development technologies including HTML, SOAP and REST web services.
- Proficient with major relational database platform, specifically SQL Server and Oracle
- Web application server architecture such as Tomcat or other J2EE platforms, including web services (SOAP and REST), CSS Selector, JSON, networking.
- Coding in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, .NET, C#).
- ETL tools or data warehouse and business analytics technologies.
- .NET framework using C#, ASP, ADO, XML, etc.
- Implementing full life cycle projects for large enterprise clients.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server or other source control and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, or similar.
- Experience delivering BPM and RPA software solutions with demonstrable value generation
- Ability to articulate business issues/concerns with people from a variety of technical, solution, industry, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to identify risks and raise for discussion as appropriate both internally and with the customer
- Ability to effectively drive large complex internal and external customers to make important decisions
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics; both verbal and written
- Sincere passion for building great software and taking pride in the quality of your programming
- Time Management Skills - ability to prioritize tasks across multiple projects and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to come up-to-speed quickly on new technologies
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Ability to discover and understand clients’ as-is and to-be business and technical processes.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently, both with internal and external (partner) resources.
- Attention to detail, the RPA and BPM projects require high degree of accuracy and quality.
Educational and Required Experience
- Master’s degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, or related technical field plus 2 to 5 years of automation or AI experience in financial services or financial technology industry.
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, or related technical field plus 5 to 8 years of automation or AI experience in financial services or financial technology industry.