Who we are looking for
Have you ever wondered how market risk analytics are calculated and reported for the World’s biggest asset owners and asset managers? State Street Global Exchange Analytics team in Poland in cooperation with our colleagues in Dublin, Singapore, Frankfurt, Toronto and New York is doing that for 250 clients across the Globe and we are now looking for quantitative disciplines graduates to support our operations in Krakow. A great opportunity to kickstart your career in a multinational market risk environment.
State Street Global Exchange combines unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our Clients to generate the most value.
State Street Global Exchange Analytics’ truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Market Risk Analyst you will
- Processing of client holdings data
- Day to day client servicing through risk reporting across several locations in US, EMEA and APAC
- Follow standard operating procedures to perform daily reconciliations on a range of data and risk analytics, including Value-at-Risk, sensitivity measures and stress testing results
- Working co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Providing adequate documentation and backup of all operational processes
- Assisting senior risk analysts with ad-hoc client queries
- Other duties as assigned
- Participating in local training sessions for skills development
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Finance/Economics or equivalent
- Understanding of financial products, models and methodologies
- Knowledge of risk analytics like value at risk (VaR), option pricing, profit and loss, statistical & distributional analytics would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent PC skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of SQL an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway