About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs and our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Who we are looking for
Quality Assurance Specialist Advanced, Associate 2 in the Global AML Center
Why this role is important to us
The KYC Operations team primary role is to support Business Units in the timely and accurate delivery of the end to end AML / KYC process for onboarding new customers / accounts, completion of periodic reviews and event driven reviews of existing customers / accounts to comply with State Street's AML Policy and Standards.
The team provide Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) services to State Street’s Business Units globally.
The Quality Assurance Team aim to minimise regulatory, monetary and reputational risk by ensuring accuracy and completeness of KYC records through a 4 eyed quality assurance process.
What you will be responsible for
• Perform 4-eyed quality assurance checks of KYC records for accuracy / completeness before verification; cooperate closely with KYC Specialists in doing so
• Validate that State Street AML Policies, Standards & Procedures with respect to CIP / CDD are adhered to and that KYC Specialist conclusions are clear, complete and supported by necessary documentation, information and screening results
• Validate enhanced due diligence on high risk customers / accounts
• Complete the necessary forms / checklists required to support quality assurance
• Meet agreed targets for quality assurance reviews within agreed timeframes, escalating when required
• Ensure all assigned tasks are correctly maintained on designated tracking / reporting tool
• Provide updates to stakeholders upon request
• Assist with external regulatory examinations or testing
• Follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
• Notify local management of operational issues
• Attend and participate in AML awareness training sessions to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables
• Support ad hoc and/ or strategic projects as required
• Demonstrate commitment to AML risk excellence through the timely and accurate completion of the firm’s “know your customer” due diligence requirements, including for periodic / event driven reviews and in respect of expected v actual transaction activity review
• Maintain role-specific knowledge of the current anti-money laundering and financial crime risks and issues through completion of the annual AML Academy, and any other financial crime training deemed applicable to the role
What we value
• Advanced knowledge of anti-money laundering / know-your-customer regulations and processes;
• Knowledge of State Street procedures and requirements would be an advantage
• Intellectual curiosity for continuous learning around AML and KYC
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
• Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Very good language skills in English
• One or more of the following language skills would be an advantage: French, German, Italian, Dutch, Arabic
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in AML / KYC client on boarding / periodic reviews or compliance function (3 years+)
• Experience of analysing High Risk Customer AML Profiles
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops