At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly new directions.
The Operations function, thanks to its global scale and drive for innovation, is playing a meaningful role in PMI’s business transformation. Our mission is to produce and deliver products to our markets and into the hands of our consumers in a balanced way. Operations is at the center of a powerful triangle of deep consumer connection, product innovation and executional excellence!
Our people are passionate, driven and innovative. From procurement, to manufacturing and throughout our supply chain, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to leave your mark in this ground-breaking journey to deliver better, smoke-free alternatives to millions of adult smokers around the world!
Your ‘day to day’:• Be the active member of Manufacturing Development Center team part of engineering central function, being located in Cracow, Poland
• Study the new products/equipment feasibilities supporting Process and Product Development, and Engineering functions to introduce innovative materials, develop new product design, improve product performance and support affiliate during concept validation activities.
• Define and optimize operating parameters while mentoring a small team of technicians and operators in the execution of the various processes.
• Execute process and product related experimental plans, capture and analyze data, provide conclusions and report results.
• Analyze the performances and drive continuous improvement of our new processes and new equipment.
• Propose technical solutions to manufacture new design of prototypes.
• Collaborate closely with external equipment manufacturer to build, install and commission new prototyping equipment (including Business Case creation with estimation of cost, time and risks) and coordinate technical activities of multi-disciplinary or multi-functional participants.
• Collaborate with PMI organizations located in Poland, Turkey, Germany, Russia, Czech, Switzerland being located in Poland in Cracow.
We're looking for someone who has:• University degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering or Micro Engineering.
• At least 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing environment
• Capability to run design of experiments, propose technical solutions and document them for the manufacturing.
• Ability to work in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams
• Dedication to deliver on time with expected precision and accuracy
• Ability to communicate in English on proficient level
• Informal leadership, dealing with ambiguity, priority setting, negotiating and very strong communication skills,
• Capability to deal with various external & internal partners, including Management .
What we offer:Our success depends on the all people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer!