We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to support our Strategic Account Managers within Shell Marine business.
Shell Marine is a value growth and resilient business that consistently delivers Cash surplus and a high return to the Group despite the very challenging industry condition.
Shell Marine is a global business and an important part of Sector & Decarbonation. The shipping industry with all its diversity and global interdependencies is considered a hard to decarbonize industry. Supporting shipping on the journey to 2050 will be therefore challenging but also full of exciting opportunities and Shell Marine is playing an important and big role.
The Marine Sector & Decarbonization organisation is a global team responsible for driving the decarbonization agenda and roadmap for the Marine eco-system specifically in the fuels area (customers, ports, industry organizations, etc). The team will be instrumental in Shell’s energy transition by working closely with the shipping customers and the Marine Eco-system to develop a path to decarbonization. In addition, the team will partner with various Shell stakeholders to develop a suite of solutions for the marine industry.
As a Strategic Accounts Business Analyst, you will be supporting the Strategic Account Managers in Sectors & Decarbonization: Marine. You will need to understand and translate customer insights, prepare deal economics, and identify solutions for End to End execution of strategic accounts. This role will rely heavily on the use of data and analytics.
Your role will include:
Translating buisness requirements into functionality and assessing the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
Working with the Strategic Account Manager to translate cusotmer needs into potential decarbonization offers
Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time, and quality.
Support longer-term business strategic goals through proposing improvements, in value, cost, process, data, technology, functionality, and initiating high-level business requirements and feasibility studies to discover options and directions.
- This role is global scope, so you may be working in a virtual team across multiple time zones may require availability during early morning and/or evening hours
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to manage & support decision making where data/supporting material is incomplete or ambiguous
- Strong financial and/or economic modelling and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong commercial acumen, an economic and entrepreneurial mindset, and understanding of Downstream businesses, Trading and/or the shipping industry
- A Bachelor's or Masters degree in Business, Engineering, or Analytics preferred
- Fluent English