JOB AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe Enterprise Analytics and Data (EAD) team is responsible for transforming Philip Morris into a company where decision-making process is driven by data. This Team is comprised of 4 specialty pillars namely, Data Management and Governance, Data Architecture and Data Strategy, Data Science and Business Intelligence.
Supported by an Analytics Delivery Team that helps to orchestrate/choreograph project/program delivery.
As part of the part of the Data Architecture and Data Strategy Team in EAD, we are looking for a Senior Data Architect for Graph and NoSQL technologies specializing in polyglot persistence of data (structured, semi?structured, unstructured) to support advanced analytics use cases.
A key deliverable for this position will also include building and delivering Knowledge Graph solutions that is part of our vision to create a linked data ecosystem for PMI – therefore a deep understanding of the semantic web and the ability to harness the power of network effects via graph technology is essential.
The Data Architecture and Data Strategy Team are accountable for leading the vision, roadmap and strategy for PMI. The primary goal of the team is to design, build and deliver fit-for-purpose, sustainable and adaptable architectures that will enable PMI to achieve its mission of a smoke-free future. We aim to do this by relying and investing heavily in technology, process and data innovation whilst remaining secure,
stable, resilient and assuring value for money across our delivery pipeline. A key focus for us here is an emphasis on reusable and innovative architectures bringing value and innovation to PMI.The vision is simple; create a connected network of all PMI data across functions using Knowledge Graphs.
This role will be responsible for owning that vision and defining/delivering the roadmap to get us there.
This is a leadership role where you will be expected to lead, define and drive business value propositions based on the power of extensible, interoperable data models that support distributed architecture. In that context, the ideal candidate will have the required skills and potential to transform the potential that Graph/NoSQL technologies offer into architecting and serving our next generation of customer facing interactions across PMI and thus reduce duplication and incoherence in our current ecosystem. This is a high impact role where you will be the technical leader focused on driving the design and development of the graph construction framework and data platform. The ideal candidate enjoys data modeling, building highly generalized and optimized processing pipelines to ingest data across our functional landscape.
You will be a key member of the Data Architecture and Data Strategy Team and will work closely with our Domain architect, Machine learning architect, NLP architect and a core team of Enterprise Data Architects to ensure your proposed technical and data architecture for graph/NoSQL services is in full alignment with our underlying business and technical strategic drivers and challenges faced by PMI.
To succeed in this role, you will need a healthy mix of strategic thinking, deep hands-on experience of modern data and technology architecture practices deployed on the cloud and a sound understanding of the various best practices and current trends in the Graph/NoSQL architecture domain.
The preferred candidate is passionate, curious, and highly focused architect who can work collaboratively with a number of Business and IT stakeholder teams to ensure value for money architecture that meets the underlying needs of the wider stakeholder landscape. Within IT, the wider EAD Data Management Team
and EAD Business Intelligence & Analytics Teams will lead the stakeholder pack closely followed by the Platform architecture and data engineering teams who will rely on your expertise to ensure they are building the appropriate structures based on your design.
The day-to-day responsibilities are to be carried out against the primary backdrop of both global and local transactional and ERP systems with a cloud-based advanced analytics platform also part of this ecosystem.
These are supported by state-of-the-art technologies (AWS, Wherescape, Snowflake, AWS Sagemaker,
EMR) and methodologies (Data Vault 2.0, SAFe, Scrum) enabling key transformation initiatives.
JOB REQUIREMENTS• Drive and lead the development of the Knowledge Graph architecture strategy and roadmap.
• Be responsible for the continual design and construction of an optimized and purpose-built graph
database architecture that promotes performance, scalability, ease of support, service reuse and security.
• Architect solutions utilizing NoSQL / graph database technologies leveraging large-scale datasets to solve various business use cases.
• Work with Stakeholders, Business Architect and Product Managers to understand data model and business requirements and translate those requirements into solutions and acceptance criteria that deliver business value.
• Support machine learning applications that leverage information from the Knowledge Graph to produce further insights.
• Develop plans for both batch and real-time update/load processes to efficiently populate and keep the Knowledge Graphs in sync.
• Collaborate across the data platform to leverage existing data assets in the Knowledge Graph and enrich or create additional data assets.
• Work with DevOps engineers for end-to-end CI/CD deployment of the Knowledge Graphs and associated processes.
• Produce and maintain system design architecture diagram and technical documentation.
• Lead technical walkthroughs and demo sessions as required. Advanced Degree in the field of Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent technical discipline.
• Total 10+ years of experience and minimum 5+ years of working experience with large scale Knowledge Graphs/Graph databases.
• A strong knowledge of graph DB solutions. AnzoGraph, JanusGraph, TigerGraph, Allegro Graphexperience preferred, but others (Neo4J, Neptune, etc.) considered as well.
• Experience in multiple database technologies such as distributed processing (Spark, Hadoop, EMR),
MPP (AWS Redshift, Presto, Athena, Teradata), NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra).
• Hands on experience with Graph Query languages (Gremlin, CQL, Cypher, Apache TinkerPop, ,
• Experience with setting up data pipelines and building reliable datasets with a graph database.
• Proficiency with hands-on experience working on Python PySpark, and familiarity with Java,
• Experience with AWS – provisioning services, running Graph Database on AWS, EC2s, Lambda, etc.
• Capable of articulating, verbally and in writing, abstract concepts as well as detailed technical
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills and the ability to work both
independently and with a team.
• Experience developing APIs enabling machine learning on top of the knowledge graph a plus.
• Comfortable with agile development methodologies.
• Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence is desired.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to translate technical complexities into business-friendly language using both conceptual and logical thinking.
• Strategic ability to relate the current technology and application landscape to the evolving business needs and identify the data architecture gaps
• Experience of working with broader architecture community (EA, SA, AA)
• Understanding of modern data architectures, data extract mechanisms, functional decomposition and business rules engines.
• Experience with SCRUM methodology and/or following an agile approach
• Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills from a business perspective.
• Good interpersonal, leadership, organizational and project management skills
• Evangelist and Advocate for Conversational AI and Knowledge Graphs across the organization
• Experience with SAFe & Knowledge of about BI and Big DATA ecosystems (S3, Scala, Spark)
• Knowledge of Snowflake, WhereScape and PowerDesigner
• Experience of working within a large, complex and geographically dispersed Program.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS• Advanced Degree in Information Systems, Network Systems or equivalent professional experience
• Proven skills in data retrieval and data research techniques
• Ability to quickly understand complex processes and communicate them in simple language
• Ability to communicate knowledge-based requirements and needs to engineer and retail teams
• Familiarity with Semantic Web technologies (RDF/s, OWL), query languages (SPARQL) and validation/reasoning standards that support an integrated NLP design
• Knowledge of open-source and commercial Graph vendors
• Detail-oriented problem-solving, ability to manage ambiguity
• Proven track record of strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient English language skills