You get to be the 'Design Strategist' of Shell, a regional role that plots how the power of imagery and graphic language can drive successful business outcomes. These will figure prominently in effective and cost-competitive creative solutions for Shell’s single most valuable asset, the Shell Brand. You will grow and nurture a dynamic community of creative stewards regionally.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in?
You will be part of Creative Solutions, an in-house creative global enterprise dedicated to one customer: Shell. Creative Solutions is Shell’s go-to team for integrated content creation, experiential and sponsorship activation. We are responsible for producing a wide range of creative content, campaigns and events – from delivering innovative virtual experiences to producing world-class, fully integrated campaigns combining film, digital, social, design and print assets.
What’s the role?
• Strongly supports the Global Discipline Lead – Design in driving design excellence for Shell. You will spearhead the delivery of key strategic design, integrated campaigns and communications for Shell on a regional level across all aspects of the design and digital spectrum.
• Cascades and implements global design knowledge, standards and processes within the region, including driving compliance with brand and visual identity policies and guidelines.
• Oversees the curation and overall management of a roster of design agencies and key partner vendors in region, securing the best value, service standards and creative output for Shell.
• Project manages selected design and digital projects, from inception through to execution.
• 10 direct reports and leads a community of Design Project Managers regionally, including project allocation and support, driving design standards, best practices and capability building among this group.
What we need from you:
• Ability to deliver through others including leading, nurturing and supporting a design community within the EMEA region. Create the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities and outcomes.
• Learner Mindset – Role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes.
• Maximise performance – Integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole.
• As the Strategic Design & Digital Lead for the region, your advanced knowledge on creative operations combined with strong leadership skills will enable Creative Solutions to deliver highly efficient and powerful design-related content for Shell.
• You will lead and inspire a highly committed community of Design Project Managers. These will drive the growth ambitions and creative excellence of the design discipline.
In addition, you must have:
• Substantial experience in a strategic, leadership position in the Design sector, in-house at a large international company and/or in an agency. Creative experience must cover Design, Brand, Digital Photography, Print and Presentations delivery.
• Excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills, strategic thinking, commercial acumen, design operations management, project acquisition and project portfolio management. Ability to manage end-to-end delivery, ROI and project close-out, seamless stakeholder service and agency roster management and service standards.
• Strong creative eye combined with extensive industry experience at a regional and global level across all aspects of the design spectrum.
• Ability to self-manage priority key projects and working closely with our disciplines within Creative Solutions to provide best class output.
• Proven ability to influence through building strong and collaborative relationships with both internal and external partners.