Solution Architect is responsible for delivering solution designs to projects. These solutions need to be fit for purpose within the portfolio, have technical integrity, the right TCO (total cost of ownership) through its life cycle and a good fit with the IT technology direction of Shell. The resultant High Level Design have a measurable impact on the effectiveness and profitability of Shell.
1. Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to Shell standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable to the Project Manager for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution. This includes:
• Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project.
• Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution.
• Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the relevant templates, tooling and conforms to standards.
• Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
• Reviewing and accepting the detailed design of an IT solution.
• Support Segment Architects and reviews through the Architecture Review Board as required.
2. Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in Systems Architect. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels.
3. Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions in Shell. Ensure solutions are ‘future-proof’
4. Stay in touch with development of standards and standard services in IT at Shell. To ensure the latest service developments are taken into account.
5. Pro-actively contribute to the development of the Architecture community and be an ambassador for Architecture. Interact with stakeholders on architecture issues and strategic improvements where such expertise is required.
6. Maintain knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, including data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR), and ensure that those are included in architecture design decisions.
7. Responsible for championing and embedding Security by Design and Privacy by Design in projects, and to ensure that the appropriate design decisions are made, documented and implemented.
8. Work with IRM and DPO/SECO in case of unclarity around L&R requirements
Skills & Requirements:
• Typical Years of Experience: 7 to 1 years in IT with experiences across architecture and software development
• Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree in Engineering
• 7+ years of prior experience in various SDLC roles: development, architecture, requirements gathering etc.
• Hands on experience in Enterprise System Architecture execution
• Hands on Experience in E-Commerce Architecture – Keeping Omnichannel in Mind.
• Expertise in Omnichannel frameworks/accelerators
• Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems and mobile technologies
• Experience with mobile analytics
• Experience on API Development and API Management
• Expert in UML process Design
• Clear Understanding in Complex data structure and RDBMS.
• Demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing application software
• Understanding of Object-Oriented programming – with hands on experience.
• Great technical Problem Solving Skill
• Experience in RestFul Architecture
• Experience in Node Js
• Experience in Azure Cloud Services – AKS, Function and App service
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent and architecture tooling like Bizz Design, ArchiMate, System architect
• Experience in Functional Mapping of Business Processes and Product features.
• Strong background in integration design, architecture & implementation of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
• Comfortable articulating API strategies and the benefits they bring to a non-technical audience
• Understand, articulate and incorporate API strategies , backend as a service and define end-to-end architecture solutions for customers.
• Provide competitive analysis of solutions with differentiation for own solution and articulate value proposition.
• Develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with customer management
• Be the point of contact to the customer through all phases of the engagement. Follow up and ensure total customer satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
• Drive the end-end solution development lifecycle with the development teams on shore and offshore.
• Collaborate with sales teams in taking new offerings to the market
• Work with account teams and customers on specific customer opportunities including ideation workshops, requirements gathering sessions
• Experience in Cloud based solution design making use of various PaaS features offered by leading cloud providers like Azure and AWS. Knowledge of integrating cloud services to other cloud services and on-premise services.
• Experience in architecting and integrating CRM, digital loyalty, commerce and closed loop card processing systems for B2C and B2B customers like loyalty cards and fleet cards. Products may include Salesforce PaaS, Sales, Service and Marketing clouds, SAP Hybris Commerce, Adobe Marketing suite or other bespoke solutions.