Senior People Data Scientist
India, Poland, United Kingdom, United States
Human Resources (HR)
Job Reference #
Are you a data evangelist? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? Are you at your best when supporting others? Do you know how to take care of business?
We’re looking for a senior people data scientist within HR to:
• serve as the People Data Science team’s go-to senior data science expert and provide thought leadership in statistical modeling, forecasting, and machine learning/AI
• provide best-practice input into People Data Science products across the full analytics and model lifecycle
• collaborate actively with topic owners to understand and develop advanced analytics / data science
products that solve concrete business problems and deliver measurable value
• work with data scientists and data engineers to collect and wrangle data and then design, build, validate, and deploy statistical and machine learning models to address complex and strategic challenges
• productize and industrialize models for broad use to support decision making by HR and business leaders
• interpret, explain, and communicate complex models, analysis and recommendations in a clear and precise manner that highlights value and impact
• manage priorities between research and deliverables effectively
• collaborate with other groups within HR to help evaluate ML/AI solutions in external/3rd party solutions
• keep up to date on the latest data science best practices and how they apply to people analytics problems
• ensure skills of data scientists on the team are up to date and fresh and recognize new skills needed
You’ll be in the People Analytics team. We are a global team partnering with HR professionals to support senior business clients across the whole of UBS. We work on People Analytics problems which are complex and strategic and may involve Big Data or require sophisticated analysis techniques. This can include predictive modelling, text analysis, data mining and custom visualization. The team includes Data Scientists and people with a range of complementary skill sets who together can take on almost any People Analytics problem.
• masters or PhD level degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science or any related quantitative discipline
• 5-8 years professional experience in extracting commercial value to deliver data science solutions
• excellent command on statistics and ability to connect theory and practice of data mining, machine learning/AI, and natural language processing (NLP) to solve real-world problems
• excellent working knowledge of Python (SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, TensorFlow) and SQL for data wrangling, data analysis, modelling
• ability to take an open stack approach towards problem solving and build production ready solution
• confident written and verbal communication skills in English and comfortable interacting with colleagues at various levels
• solid experience with APIs, docker and cloud ML platforms (Azure ML)
• solid experience in Agile product management
• experience in HR processes and data as well as directly managing a team is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting United Kingdom
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.