Senior Java Developer with Cloud experience
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy working with people in the multicultural environment across different regions? Do you like getting a deep understanding of complex problems and then converting them into simple, elegant solutions? Do you take pride in the code you deliver, by following the highest IT development standards?
We’re looking for an IT Software Engineer to:
- Develop key components
- Support the team in other areas like developing integration components, workflows
- Conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
You’ll be working in the Data Management Technology team in Krakow, Poland. We are a global team providing Data Management Technology Solutions including but not limited to Data Governance, Data Lineage and Data Quality Monitoring to all Business Areas, Support and Control Functions. This allows our internal clients to stay compliant with regulatory requirements, to create business value and to reduce their overall cost base. As an IT Software Engineer, you’ll play an important role in successfully delivering the projects within this area.
- Proven track record as an IT Software Engineer
- Educational background in IT/ Computer Science/ Business Informatics
- Proficiency in Java, ideally also in SQL, Groovy and Python
- Knowledge about workflow technologies like Flowable ideally also about Apache Camel, scikit-learn, Neo4j, Cloud Computing would be a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
- Good understanding of the project and software development lifecycle, preferably experience in Agile/ Scrum methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ideally experience within the financial service industry
- Some experience with Collibra Data Governance, Machine Learning or Data Virtualization – would be a big plus
- A strong team player
- Organized, well-structured and with drive to deliver
- A good listener
- Excellent at time management
- Goal-oriented and proactive
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.