Principal Java Developer/Architect
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to design, develop and deploy complex platforms and applications?
We’re looking for a Java Lead Developer / Technical Architect to:
• Design software aligned to business and IT requirements, transferring business problems into technical solutions
• Maintain, design and develop microservices that can be deployed into the cloud
• Understand our core applications, actively maintain and develop them, while partnering with solution architects to enable and drive deployment of strategic solutions
• guide implementation teams to successful delivery
• make sure technical solutions are integrated into our heterogeneous and highly automated infrastructure
• Contribute to the Architecture/Design Roadmap
• Focusing on increasing the productivity of the team in terms of frequency of releases
This is hands-on role for experienced architect and seasoned Java developer.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• Solid Core Java knowledge, largely backend, knows how to (auto) test
• proven commercial experience as an IT architect, ideally within the finance sector
• proven delivery of high performing IT solutions
• successful management of complex and diverse tasks, while meeting key objectives and timelines
• experience of building cloud native applications/services
• knowledge about event streaming and messaging systems (Kafka highly desirable)
• ability to produce secure, stable and good performing code
• in depth understanding of standards, methods, techniques, templates as defined by SDLC (code repository handling, code inspection, penetration-avoidance etc)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.