Data Science Analyst
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– turn data into an asset across the organization using visualization and other techniques
– collaborate across business units, providing thought leadership and driving day-to-day implementation of the analytics strategy
– advise on potential analytical approaches to business needs, including associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations
– design, coordinate, and implement analytical business and technology solutions to support innovation initiatives
– effectively use data science toolkits and related visualization technologies to deliver quality analytics and data insight to our stakeholders
– stay on top of current business and industry trends and best practices around data science tools and techniques
You’ll be working in the Reporting & Analytics Services (RAS) Center of Excellence. We are a central reporting and management information service for UBS, and support a variety of functions and projects across the Corporate Center and other UBS divisions. You'll be engaging with analytics projects and functional stakeholders, end users, and colleagues across RAS globally in a number of locations
– a university degree in an analytical field like engineering, mathematics, accounting, finance or information technology
– Proven data science/statistics background, with the ability to collect and analyze large datasets and draw appropriate conclusions (using Python and/or R)
– Proven experience with Machine Learning modelling techniques
– Experience in leading data visualisation / business intelligence technologies (e.g. mainly Power BI, but Tableau or MicroStrategy would be an advantage)
– Experience in data querying technologies (SQL)
– Desirable: Enterprise data platforms e.g. Oracle, Spark, Alteryx etc
– Desirable: Financial Services analytics experience
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.