Internal Auditor - Asset Management
Job Reference #
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you enjoy investigating complex issues / situations and proposing solutions? We're looking for someone like that to:
– drive or work as a team member on reviews and audits covering the Asset Management business across all asset classes, recommend practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified;
– analyse and assess risks and barriers related to delivery (investment suitability, supervision, cross-border), assumed by both the business and support functions;
– identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address these risks;
– document and communicate audit issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management at local, global, divisional and functional levels;
– review remediation actions submitted by the business for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risks;
– develop and maintain relationships with senior management.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Team in Krakow. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and group functions. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. You will join our dynamic Asset Management Audit Team as an Internal Auditor. In this role you will leverage your understanding to plan, perform and report the results of audits covering the Asset Management Business Division – among others you will assess portfolio construction, portfolio management and monitoring and trading activities.
The position is based in Krakow (Fabryczna Office Park, Aleja Pokoju 18a).
– experience within the financial industry, preferably in audit, compliance or internal risk management areas (this experience could have been gained at a consulting firm or in an internal audit function);
– an understanding of asset management industry, and banking operations and regulations as well a quantitative approach to problem solving;
– highly capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and investment products;
– strong analytical skills – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions;
– able to prioritize and balance your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision;
– an excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders;
– willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods;
– curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.