Valuation Risk – Internal Auditor
Job Reference #
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– Conduct reviews and audits of valuations processes, models, controls and methodologies, across different business areas and specifically within the Investment Bank,
– Analyze and assess valuation risk, assumed by both the business (1st line i.e. front office) and support functions (2nd line i.e. Valuation Control),
– Identify and evaluate the effectiveness of valuation controls designed to address those risks,
– Work on reviews of related areas using knowledge and understanding of investment banking businesses and risk, including Market Risk,
– Prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management and provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified,
– Monitor valuation risk profile through key risk indicators across independent price verification (IPV), reserves and valuation models as well as stakeholder interaction to provide input in the continuous risk assessment as well as in operational planning sessions,
– Keep up to date with regulatory developments.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Team in Krakow. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. As Internal Auditor in the area of Valuation Risk, you will be a member of the Market Risk, Valuations and Models Audit Team, who is responsible for auditing and assessing the market risk and valuations areas and the model risk across the entire Firm.
The position is based in Krakow, Poland.
– A university degree ideally with focus in finance/valuation
– Some quantitative experience would be an advantage
– Several years of relevant experience, including experience in audit, valuation control or a closely related area, with an understanding of audit methodology and / or understanding of risks. This experience could have been gained within the financial industry or professional services firms, ideally with valuation coverage
– Strong analytical skills and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods,
– An understanding of banking operations and regulations as well a quantitative approach to problem solving,
– An excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders.
– Risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and investment products,
– A flexible and committed team player, willing to travel to other UBS locations for audit assignments,
– Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues,
– Excellent communicator, able to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization, verbally and in writing,
– Able to prioritize and balance your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision,
– Curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.