Network Management & Market Infrastructure – Risk and Governance Analy
Poland, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Are you capable of managing multiple challenging deliverables? Do you apply structure and control to everything you do? Are you able to challenge others effectively? Are you able to identify potential risks and propose effective solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who will:
– Become an integral part of a small team of risk and governance specialists
– Help to ensure NMI’s own core policy, guidelines and associated controls are well maintained and remain fit for purpose
– Co-ordinate regular reviews, perform ad-hoc assessments and draft responses for risk and governance related activities including requests from internal stakeholders, regulators and auditors
– Provide guidance and support to the wider NMI team to ensure compliance with all aspects of UBS’ operational risk framework
– Support the NMI team in delivering and remediating a diverse and challenging risk program
– Identify issues quickly and escalate them promptly
– Work effectively in collaboration with UBS’ three lines of defense, including compliance and audit
You’ll be working in the Network and Market Infrastructure Market Management team in Poland.
We are responsible for the network of relationships with third party post trade providers' including agent banks and market utilities (CSD, CCP) that UBS contracts with to provide custody, clearing, and settlement services. NMI is responsible for provider strategy, commercial management, delivery of cost savings, account inventory maintenance (including opening and closure), processing of invoices, market intelligence, and adherence to regulatory requirements.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
– Bachelor degree in economics, finance or business administration
– 3-5 years of experience in Banking Operations or Risk Management
– Tech savvy, with excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
– An objective approach to problem solving and confidence to challenge
– An appreciation of regulatory guidelines and the need for adherence to them
– An independent thinker who is resourceful and willing to influence colleagues around them
– Efficient, detail orientated, enthusiastic, able to work in a team, reliable and delivery focused
– Eager to learn and develop your own knowledge
– A strong communicator and comfortable in challenging peers and individuals above their rank
– Flexible and open to support a variety of tasks as defined by the team lead
– Proficient in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.