The team is part of a T&S Operations-SBO team within Trading, Supply and Manufacturing. Collectively the team handles transactional activity on behalf of Commercial Operations such as Demurrage, Post Deal Claims & Oil Loss Claims, internal reporting, Radar voyage actualization and supports invoice processing, and financial reconciliations. Customers, Port Agents, Inspection companies, and Counter-parties, also internal companies within the Shell Trading network and its Supply company affiliates. The work is carried out using a wide range of Trading and Scheduling IT Systems such as Salesforce, SAP and others
The Claims Specialist handles any claims or issues related to the quantity of the product. This might require recovering claims from Ship-owners, Terminals, Insurances or other counter-parties.
The key of your role is to minimize the impact of cost claims and maximize the recovery within the contractual agreements. Inquiring and strong analytical skills to understand every detail of a deal, its execution, the technicalities around loading and discharging vessels, a high degree of commerciality and drive to get the best deal for Shell are critical skills to be successful as a Claims Analyst.
You will investigate what happened on a voyage during and after operations have finished; were there any deviations in Quantities throughout the entire supply chain.
Using a commercial mind-set, the you will prepare claims, ensure quick receipt of funds and negotiate with suppliers, receivers, ship-owners and terminals to reduce losses & maximize recoveries for Shell.
Other accountabilities are;
- Ensure all claims activities are correctly reflected in financial and trading systems
- Use a continuous improve mind-set to support process improvements
- Follow internal procedures for approval of payments and settlements
- Follow internal guideline on escalation to Team lead, Commercial OPS and Traders
- Take ownership for safety, compliance and audit readiness
- Support cost reviews and root cause analysis
We are looking for highly motivate people that are result driven and are able to work under pressure. Commerciality, analytical skills, curiosity, attention to detail and solving problems all come naturally to our ideal candidate.
Do you have a track record proving you are a quick learner, a strong communicator and strong at building relationships with your stakeholders? Then we are looking for you. Some other experiences we are looking for are:
- The ability to read and interpret legal language
- Experience in the industry and knowledge of quantity accounting (This is an advantage)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent previous work experience.
- Excellent negotiations and analytical skills
- English min. C1